Quantcast

Don't eat the pizza

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
A computer engineer who lost his job because he ate two pieces of pepperoni pizza has been named the winner of an offbeat Internet contest that solicited stories about outrageous firings.

Garrison, who lives in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, said he never thought he would be rewarded for getting fired. Then again, he never dreamed he would be fired after he ate two of the six pieces of pepperoni pizza left over from a company meeting.

What he didn't know is that several other employees had already worked out a plan to take the leftover pizza home with them.

When they discovered one-third of the leftover pizza pie had been eaten, the employees reported Garrison to management, ultimately leading to his firing last November -- a month after he ate the food.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/09/05/pizza.firing.ap/index.html

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I'm thinking that there is more to this story. I would venture to say that he was a bad employee, who they were trying to terminate for a long time. It looks like they finally had a reason--as lame as it was.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
omg half of my staff here at work would be gone... nothing in the fridge is safe here.. if you leave something for the next day..odds are it will be gone

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
hooples3 said:
omg half of my staff here at work would be gone... nothing in the fridge is safe here.. if you leave something for the next day..odds are it will be gone
What's even worse, his fellow employees went to management to rat him out for eating the pizza. What kind of grown man or women would take the time to "tell" on someone who had two slices of pizza? Either the employees are 4 years old or no one liked the guy who lost his job...

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
blt2ride said:
What's even worse, his fellow employees went to management to rat him out for eating the pizza. What kind of grown man or women would take the time to "tell" on someone who had two slices of pizza? Either the employees are 4 years old or no one liked the guy who lost his job...
Obviously you've never been in the military, where somebody would turn in their own mother in order to raise their standing with management.

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
someone once dragged their balls across a calzone and then laughed his ass of the next day when it was gone. That pretty much put an end to eating items in the fridge that weren't sealed or you didn't have permission to skarf.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Crazy Sweeper said:
Obviously you've never been in the military, where somebody would turn in their own mother in order to raise their standing with management.
To be honest, if one of my employees wasted my time with something like this, I wouldn't be thinking promotion--I would be thinking the opposite!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Crash_Tested said:
someone once dragged their balls across a calzone and then laughed his ass of the next day when it was gone. That pretty much put an end to eating items in the fridge that weren't sealed or you didn't have permission to skarf.
Only mildly offensive.

If there were curly hairs or testicle cheese left behind, THEN we're getting into offensive.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I knew this kid in HS who used to make pizzas at the Pizza Slut and one day he started his shift with a bandaid on his finger and suddenly by the end of the shift there was no more bandaid. How's that for an extra topping!