Quantcast

Don't forget to reload

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
ummm...isn't he forgetting to slide something back after he reloads?

maybe there's technology i'm not aware of...

Its a tactical reload. When you shoot IPSC or other similar disciplines you rarely run the gun dry, open guns like the one in the video has a capacity of 25+ rounds. Now the really fast re-loader's do the same thing in the video but they will catch the discarded mag before it hits the ground.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Its a tactical reload. When you shoot IPSC or other similar disciplines you rarely run the gun dry, open guns like the one in the video has a capacity of 25+ rounds. Now the really fast re-loader's do the same thing in the video but they will catch the discarded mag before it hits the ground.
Exactly. When I took the sherriff's advanced pistol course they stressed on never letting the gun run dry. That way you can still "defend" yourself whilst swapping mags. I installed rubber bumpers on the bottom of my mags so I don't fcvk them up when if I have to let them drop like that. Learned the hard way... oem mags are expensive!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
So with a single round in the pipe, while handling the gun, you're going to stay aimed in on someone and shoot them? Riiiiight...just change mags expediently and get back to the fight.

You should practice both tactical (round in chamber) and combat (slide lockback) reloads...I wouldn't count on dictating the conditions under which you'll need to reload...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
IPSC or what, you gotta give this guy props for doing this with a wheel gun

It is totally astounding, that's for sure. 'Course, there are jugglers who do some astounding things, too.

I finally got the chance to do my organization's historic revolver qual. It was a blast, and put me over a bunch of other shooters I was competing with...but it did teach me the limitations, as well. Still, I'd love to get a hold of one of our 2.5" Model 19s just for the nostalgia...

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
Jerry is the man when it comes to revolvers, no doubt.

There's also a guy who can point-shoot aspirin tablets and a shotgunner who can hand throw 8 clay pigeons and break them all with his Benelli before they hit the ground.

For the average guy, though, this at best fits into the category of "cool" or "academic".

Split-second reloads would be comparatively easy in my basement, in front of a video camera, wearing my compression fit jersey, low rise plastic comp belt, breakaway holster, and $3000 pistol with beveled magazine well.

In my world it usually involves a little sprinting, adrenaline dump, drawing a much smaller pistol (that I can actually conceal), firing 12 rounds at the threat that is either shooting back or punching me in the face, and then reloading...? I don't even wanna think about it.

Even in IPSC, you're still under time pressure and have at least run some distance before you need to reload.

If I got a house with a basement, life would be so much easier...