Quantcast

Dont Get Screwed By This Guy

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
mack said:
I have the impression that behind Zark's nice guy facade he will most likely bite your tounge out. ;)
Wait a second, I have a nice guy facade? :D

Tounge biting is reserved for the ladies anyways :love:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
word koolkeg

Taylor, that deals crap and I think you know it. This guy screwed you over and he's been trying to pawn off a junk bike to a number of other people. At the very least he needs to redo the trade and get things back to normal. Personally I'm up for getting him to pay for the Cortina's repairs, but as that seems unlikely I think you should get your bike back.

Props to the RM people for supporting Taylor in this.

The Ito

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
If you can get 500 bucks for your Bullit frame then let him keep the bullit. Everytime he rides it he gets a little memory of how he tried to screw someone for it. You get a spankin' new Cortina frame for 300 extra. :drool: You both get what you wanted, just a pain in the arse getting there.

heyzues

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
dude i feel for you. I think that is some type of fraud. If the kid doesn't send you back your frame you should report it to the police and take action about it. How didn't his bike shop see the cracks when they were shippping out the bike for him. They should be somewhat responsible for the crappy deal too.
Have you talked to the bike shop that sent it to you? His friends that ride with this kid should get the balls and send you back the frame for you. I would be pissed if one of my buddies did that. Screw trades man it isn't worth it. Oh' if he does send it back to you via the same bike shop, make sure you have them check out your frame before you send his back. Don't know what kind of s*** head this kid is. File a report with the police. This kid is in some serious trouble.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
llkoolkeg said:
On the one hand, I can see why dex would want to stay out of it, but he should also bear in mind- when you choose your friends, you choose your enemies.

"A man is known by the books he reads, by the company he keeps, by the praise he gives, by his dress, by his tastes, by his distastes, by the stories he tells, by his gait, by the notion of his eye, by the look of his house, of his chamber; for nothing on earth is solitary but every thing hath affinities infinite." ---Ralph Waldo Emerson
I was going to keep my opinion to myself that dex is a total chicken**** for not stepping up here. But I guess I just let it slip.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Very mature, Echo. Very mature.

And what exactly would you like me to do? I've voiced my opinion to Gordon that he should rectify the situation by trading the bike back. Do you actually want me to go and steal the bike from Gordon and then pay with my own money to ship it to Taylor in Utah? Somehow that doesn't sound like the best plan. Thanks for being an asshole though.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Zark said:
Wait a second, I have a nice guy facade? :D

Tounge biting is reserved for the ladies anyways :love:

Yeah, thats strange to be nice around here.

Id toughen up, it seems to be the cool thing to do...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
dexterq20 said:
Very mature, Echo. Very mature.
Sorry man. Generally I consider you to be a stand up dude around here. I was pretty surprised that you just consider this to be "not your problem". If it was someone I knew and rode with, it wouldn't technically be "my problem" either, but I would at least stand up like a man and tell that person I think they have done something wrong. Kind of like I'm standing up to you right now. All your e-buddies can smooch your butt here and roll their eyes at me, I couldn't care less. I'll be in your area in about 2 weeks if you think I have committed some horrendous crime by voicing my opinion about this and you would like to discuss further.

Edit: I must have missed the part where you said you stood up to him. I stand corrected. You can still consider me an asshole though, you have no idea how little that concerns me ;)

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Echo said:
All your e-buddies can smooch your butt here and roll their eyes at me, I couldn't care less.
Normally I would agree with you: I hate anybody who would attempt to swindle a fellow rider, regardless. But Ben really did all he could to rectify the situation, and I don't think its cool for you guys to rag on him without full knowledge of this.

EDIT: Seems like we are all happy no, or as much as is possible :)

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Echo said:
Edit: I must have missed the part where you said you stood up to him. I stand corrected. You can still consider me an asshole though, you have no idea how little that concerns me ;)
I don't consider you an asshole. I just think that comment was rather uncalled for, and somewhat characteristic of an asshole.

Now honestly, if you were in my position, what would you do? Seriously, answer that. Everybody keeps saying "Do something! Do something!"... but what? If you can answer that question, maybe I'll have an opportunity to be this so-called "stand up guy" that everyone keeps talking about. Until then, leave me out of this mess.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
dexterq20 said:
I don't consider you an asshole. I just think that comment was rather uncalled for, and somewhat characteristic of an asshole.

Now honestly, if you were in my position, what would you do? Seriously, answer that. Everybody keeps saying "Do something! Do something!"... but what? If you can answer that question, maybe I'll have an opportunity to be this so-called "stand up guy" that everyone keeps talking about.
From your original post, it didn't sound like you bothered to say a damn word to him about it. If you say you told him he should trade back, that's about all any of us can expect from you. Like I said, before about 2 minutes ago, as far as anyone here knew, you hadn't said anything to him about it. Which would be about the same thing as saying you think he did the right thing.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Echo said:
From your original post, it didn't sound like you bothered to say a damn word to him about it.
Umm....

dexterq20 said:
I have talked with Gordon already, and there is nothing I can do to make him give the bike back.

But seriously, I'm kinda over this whole situation. I don't know what Gordon plans to do about this, but as long as he's in touch with Taylor, that's better than nothing.

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
I don't think that dexterq20 has to do much about this. the person to take action can not know gordon personaly, think about it, if dex went and took the frame from gordon he would have an enemy for life, and on the other hand if the ITO stole the frame back and beat up gordon it wouldn't effect him because gordon dosn't know where the ito lives

I do think though that dex should tell the ito gordon's adress, and the next thing we should do is get some satilite pics of where he lives online (i forget the site, but it is out there) then send the pics through the mail to his house with a thretening letter

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
You all must realize Ben is in an extremely bad situation. He has to go to school with this kid. If he does steal the bike back or do something bad to him, Ben is gonna have to put up with this guys crap all the time. Revenge is a bitch and I dont think Ben wants any coming his way from only a short walk away.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Really if you do the math he's the one thats getting screwed... Youre paying 800 for a brand new DHE frame (2200 off of goride.com) plus a beat up bullet frame probabaly worth no more than 400 or 500. Your basically getting a sweet new frame at roughly half price, which is usually about what a pro deal is. I say get the new frame, built it sweet, and rub it in his face at the races while he putzes around on a bullet. None of this excuses him, its just means hes not only sketchy but also a moron.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Curb Hucker said:
You all must realize Ben is in an extremely bad situation. He has to go to school with this kid. If he does steal the bike back or do something bad to him, Ben is gonna have to put up with this guys crap all the time. Revenge is a bitch and I dont think Ben wants any coming his way from only a short walk away.
Not to mention Ben could have to face the school administration of Gordon decided to do anything about being beat up or with the theft of 'his' bike...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Well I for one never said anything about dex stealing the bike or beating Gordon's ass. If he told the dude he thinks he's wrong, he's done all he can be expected to do.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I might be a little late with these comments but anyone ever check out all those threads about people getting sued or arrested for silly things. If Dexter did anything like steal the bike back or beat this douche nozzle up he could find himself in serious trouble. Even if it was a bad deal a third party stealing the frame back and is still stealing. And these days you could even get in trouble for threatening to beat someone up on some web forum.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Echo said:
Well I for one never said anything about dex stealing the bike or beating Gordon's ass. If he told the dude he thinks he's wrong, he's done all he can be expected to do.
I know. i was just saying it in addition to Don's statement that we shouldn't be so hard on Ben because he is in a rough spot and we shouldn't expect him to do much more than he has, as well as if he did do something he'd have a lot of possible consequences from it.

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
dexterq20 has done all he can do and thats cool of him. Its between Gordon and I. I'd like to get the Cortina replaced because i've wanted 1 for a long time. It'd b nice if he would pay for the bullit so i could atleast scrap 300 buck together (anyone wanna donate??). Then i'd have the bike ive wanted for years. If he doesnt i'd like to get my bullit back. Alot of my friends from here are saying I should get him for mail fraud but I dont want to do that unless I absolutly have to. Im trying to be the nice guy here and not take legal action. I hope he realizes that. I dont want anyone going to steal my bullit back or send him nasty instant messages/pms/e-mails/mail bombs/anthrax. I just want things to be even again. Im itchin to ride big bikes again. BMX bikes just dont have the thrill.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
korked7 said:
dexterq20 has done all he can do and thats cool of him. Its between Gordon and I. I'd like to get the Cortina replaced because i've wanted 1 for a long time. It'd b nice if he would pay for the bullit so i could atleast scrap 300 buck together (anyone wanna donate??). Then i'd have the bike ive wanted for years. If he doesnt i'd like to get my bullit back. Alot of my friends from here are saying I should get him for mail fraud but I dont want to do that unless I absolutly have to. Im trying to be the nice guy here and not take legal action. I hope he realizes that. I dont want anyone going to steal my bullit back or send him nasty instant messages/pms/e-mails/mail bombs/anthrax. I just want things to be even again. Im itchin to ride big bikes again. BMX bikes just dont have the thrill.
Being the nice guy is admirable. But you are going to end up short in the end. I too am one of the type that doesn’t like to confront the tough situations. But you need to decide if this guy being a criminal and scamming YOU is worth not standing up for yourself. If it's worth it, stop posting and tell everyone the situation is taken care of. But if you want this to be right, do what you must do. File the report. Let him know you did. Make a statement that you don't want people to steal or beat on your behalf. Keep it clean and hope you come out on the other side with a bike.

Not all situations are as easy as a fair trade. I don't want to be the one to stand up for the thief in SB but we still have only herd one side.

A couple months ago i traded Vitox a cracked M1 (i didn't know it was) for a fork. When he got the frame he found a 3mm crack on the underside of the chainstay. I had no idea it was there. The situation was dealt with. we made the trade and we both ended up with what we wanted. if Vitox was not such a cool guy, i would have been in a very bad situation. He and I both are problem solvers so it worked out. Gordon might not be.

What if Vitox got on here and told everyone about the cracked, beat to hell bike i shipped to him? he might tell you that the ISCG was broken off and it smelled like crap and had ugly stickers on it. But maybe he would not mention any of the efforts took on both side to make sure no one was unsatisfied with the deal. Vitox is a standup guy and handled the situation very well. i would like to think i did too.

I'm lucky to have dealt with him. So who is this dude in SLC?

SLC guy. Please do what is in your best interest. I do not think you have let everyone here believe a false story. But you need to decide what is going to happen to this situation. For my piece of advice i say, get your bike back or the 800 $ plus shipping to fix the frame. If neither are met, talk to the cops tomorrow. don't wait until next week for resolution. right now this guy thinks you are a puss and will roll over. maybe a bunch of e-friends are talking of hunting the dude down, but that's not a good solution. Sorry you are in this deal; sorry you could not have dealt with someone like Vitox.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Geoff G. said:
I don't think that dexterq20 has to do much about this. the person to take action can not know gordon personaly, think about it, if dex went and took the frame from gordon he would have an enemy for life, and on the other hand if the ITO stole the frame back and beat up gordon it wouldn't effect him because gordon dosn't know where the ito lives

I do think though that dex should tell the ito gordon's adress, and the next thing we should do is get some satilite pics of where he lives online (i forget the site, but it is out there) then send the pics through the mail to his house with a thretening letter
Tis good to know that we are dealing with sensible people here....yar!

To clarify it, I don't plan on beating anyone up or stealing the bike, I'm hoping for a reasonable resolution. I do think Taylor is getting the short end of the stick here and needs to stand up for himself and I'm sure he will.

Oh, Taylor, I'll cancel that order of anthrax then? Or is there someone else to send it to? ;)

Anyway, with all this publicity I don't think Gordon will be selling anything online for a while. :nuts:

66, sounds like you got lucky. I had a similar thing happen where I bought a bike from a kid and it had a cracked swingarm. He ended up taking it back and I got my money back. It's too bad not everyone is as intelligent/nice as the people we've dealt with.

The Ito

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'd say go for the whole 800 bucks here. The original terms of the deal were that you were getting a fully functional Cortina. He sent you a broken one. Now that he's been "found out", he's trying to change the original terms of the deal (after it has been done). He should either give you the full 800 to fix it and make it rideable, or he should give you the Bullit back. Doesn't matter how much the Bullit's worth, he made the original deal.

Besides, don't you think that extra mystical 300 dollars should be his penance for being a bastard by sending a cracked frame in the first place?

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
Gordon and I are trying to work this out as best as we can. We are starting to come to some sort of agreement and I hope this will turn out for the best. Thanks for all the support from my fellow Monkies! Ill keep you posted on everything.

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
So i sent gordon a friendly IM. totally friendly and not incriminating. and as soon as he replied, he replied with "how dumb do you think i am boy, **** you all"

sounds like a nice kid. obviously, he needs the **** kicked out of him.

but if taylor wants to play nice, he better get ALL his **** back be it $800, the bullit as he sent it out, or some serious cash.

Taylor, give it til tuesday. if nothing, pursue legally. there is only so much your buds can really do. and unless you really want it stolen back (-no problem-) i suggest busting a move on this kid, his family, and the police, all at once.

dont let that one slide.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I hate to say it, but nice guys finish last and there is no honor among thieves. This was a premeditated swindle propagated over a lengthy period of time. That anklegripper is not going to just give back his ill-gotten gains! He tried for a long time to pull of the scam and now he has a sucker right where he wants him. He associates freely with people who should ostracize him unless they are either complicit or apathetic to his dishonesty. Additionally, he still sees himself in an elevated position of bargaining power because HE has what he wants and feels that all this will ultimately blow over...which it will unless his victim stops acting like one. If a guy steals your wallet with $500 cash in it, why in the hell would you consider accepting back $250? Because it's better than nothing??? Time to untuck and fight back- legally if you are rational or otherwise if you're a hothead like me.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
llkoolkeg said:
I hate to say it, but nice guys finish last and there is no honor among thieves. This was a premeditated swindle propagated over a lengthy period of time. That anklegripper is not going to just give back his ill-gotten gains! He tried for a long time to pull of the scam and now he has a sucker right where he wants him. He associates freely with people who should ostracize him unless they are either complicit or apathetic to his dishonesty. Additionally, he still sees himself in an elevated position of bargaining power because HE has what he wants and feels that all this will ultimately blow over...which it will unless his victim stops acting like one. If a guy steals your wallet with $500 cash in it, why in the hell would you consider accepting back $250? Because it's better than nothing??? Time to untuck and fight back- legally if you are rational or otherwise if you're a hothead like me.
well spoken from a guy that has a smoking pot leaf as an avatar

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
DHGH needs to learn to be honnest with the bike community...what a F***ing asshole!

I would kick his ass big time...did it before for a similar situation and i would do it again.

If that guy is a kid maybe you could call his parents?...I had a bad deal once with a kid, he knew about the defective part he traded me and never told me about it, I called his parents and told them what the kid did and that their kids was in "deep ****" cause if i get across him i would kick his ass...I called them every day until they trade back to me...It took only 2 days to fix the problem.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
What also sucks is that it's guys like Gordan who make it harder and harder for honest, well-intentioned individuals to sell their used bikes.

I am sorry you got screwed korked7. I know I would be so po'd I couldn't see straight if I was in your situation.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DRB said:
I'm thinking that you need to pull the Chili gag from South Park on him. Now that's justice.
"Ha ha ha ha haa haa.. I made you eat your parents..."

"Ooh, let me taste your sweet tears... Oh they're so yummy.. The tears of unfathomable sadness..."

Best South Park episode ever!

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
yea. im pretty much foaming at the mouth. down hill is my entire life and if i cant ride this year because of a kid who suckered me into buying bogus stuff ill go nuts. i just wanna ride!!