Quantcast

Dont Get Screwed By This Guy

ZmanONmaryJ

Chimp
Jan 16, 2005
G_vegas
thats some messed up **** bro.... best of luck gettin ur stuff back! im sure u could get some kind of lawsuit going if u really want to... thats alot of money to be messin around with, i would talk to some kind of lawyer about it!

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Wow. Good eye bradical. If dexter doesn't do anything about this, he should be banned for bein a puss. Messing with peoples money like this is bullsh*t.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Sorry to Dexter for making any assumptions about you knowing the guy without hearing from you. It's just really easy to assume you're friends with the guy when he's in your pictures. K-vang says you're a good guy, and I may have jumped the gun a bit, my apologies.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
ito said:
I'll be there with you. I plan on getting this frame back well before Sea Otter though.

If not......it's on :)

The Ito
F Yeah! Right on Ito! If I was up there with you I would be right there helping to get the frame back. As it is I am in Pasadena but if you can help this monkey out I'll buy you many beers. :thumb:

Korked, I hope you get this all settled. It really sucks that this guy did this to you. Karma is going to bite him soon. Any monkey who does this to another Monkey should be banned and beaten with a rubber chicken. Whack whack!

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Hey guys. Stop pming Dexterq20 with threats and what not. That isn't cool. We're talking and trying to figure this out. Taylor and I appreciate the help, but some of the stuff isn't called for. THank you for the support, but chill for a bit, eh

The Ito

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
ito said:
Hey guys. Stop pming Dexterq20 with threats and what not. That isn't cool. We're talking and trying to figure this out. Taylor and I appreciate the help, but some of the stuff isn't called for. THank you for the support, but chill for a bit, eh

The Ito

boooo!! where is the blood?

jk

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
OK, what that guy did was BS. I concur. And it is obviously a representation of lack of class and ethics. So, Korked, my apologies to you.
On another note, leave the dex out of this. I grew up with that kid, got eagle scout with him, and we're good friends. I know him to be a good guy and a pretty damn good, stand-up guy. so, DHGH, when I come down to SB, i don't know what i'm gonna do...but it isn't gonna be pretty. Maybe tell your professors you're a cheater? ooorrr just put saran wrap with petroleum jelly on your toilet seat so when you pee it shoots back at you...

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Thanks Sean! :thumb:

Ok people, check it out: I go to school with Gordon (DHGH). I rode with Gordon today. I posted pictures of Gordon and me riding. This thread showed up. Gordon requested that I delete the picture of him in my thread. That's why his pic disappeared.

Right now I am the victim of a bad case of guilt by association coupled with some bad timing. My only connection to this situation is that I know Gordon. I had nothing to do with the bike trade that took place.

I have talked with Gordon already, and there is nothing I can do to make him give the bike back. Some of you are being very cool right now, and I appreciate that, but everyone else just needs to take a step back and realize that I'm not involved in this at all, and that there's nothing I can do (besides stealing from Gordon) to get that bike back.

I hate to not be pro-active in this situation, but it's really not my place to take a stand because I was not involved.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
dexterq20 said:
I have talked with Gordon already, and there is nothing I can do to make him give the bike back. Some of you are being very cool right now, and I appreciate that, but everyone else just needs to take a step back and realize that I'm not involved in this at all, and that there's nothing I can do (besides stealing from Gordon) to get that bike back.
so whatd he have to say for himself...?

Banzai

Chimp
Feb 2, 2005
This is my first post here and I really just registered to try and help you out a little inlight of you getting screwed over so bad. Did you guys write up any terms of condition/sale? If you did I'd say that's the best way to go about getting things fixed. If you didn't....well you're pretty much screwed and I'd take it as a lesson for future dealings, that's about the best you could hope for at this point unfortunately.

And while I'm on my soap box, if I were the rest of you I'd be careful about posting stuff about stealing his bike or beating him with a chain. Documentation of threats of violence/theft never looks good in a court room if you catch my drift.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
He tried to trade with me as well. Thats severely gay, its true that if you bought the bike and it broke in a month that would just be tough luck, but if he sold it to you broken then he is certianly responsible. Still though, a beat up bullet frame plus 800 bucks is a damn good deal for a brand new cortina. Did you explain what happened to the guys at cortina? If you tell them they might have pity and help you out a little more, although I would bet that 800 is breaking even for them already. Good luck man.

Banzai

Chimp
Feb 2, 2005
TheInedibleHulk said:
Thats severely gay, its true that if you bought the bike and it broke in a month that would just be tough luck, but if he sold it to you broken then he is certianly responsible.
He's only liable though if he said the bike was perfect (that's why I mentioned the terms of condition before). If he didn't and you're buying a used bike, well that's why you should be skeptical of stuff on the internet. I don't condone with the asshat did, but if he's been trying to sell off that frame for a while you probably should have assumed there was a reason. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there like that, that's why I don't ever buy something off a website. It's a shame people ruin good things like this.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
The guys at Cortina are good people, $800 is not a lot of $ for a new DH frame, I'd go for it. As far as that DH whatever his name is, karma will catch up with him and most likely it will be on a Bullit.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
The Cortina's run a tight operation and I'm sure that their quote would cover only their actual cost and nothing more.

Even with a lot of legal proof settling a matter like this is typically more expensive and time consuming than it's worth. This kid really needs to step up here and take his broken bike back, pay the Cortina's $800 to fix it and then sell it for whatever he can get and start over. If for no other reason than because he will never be able to show his face around any of us again. I can easily make a few calls and get this guy black listed at every shop in SB and then some. He really needs to come in this thread and tell his side of the story but something tells me he knows he wrong and will just keep the bike and disappear for a while.

I'm not condoning anybody jacking the bullit back and then a Cortina magically showing up on homeboys doorstep but that would be a nice outcome. ;)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
punkassean said:
I can easily make a few calls and get this guy black listed at every shop in SB and then some.
I'd highly suggest this if nothing is resolved within the next week...it would put increasing pressure on him to make it right. I've talked to him on AIM. Doesn't sound like the brightest crayon in the box.

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
Things like this frustrate me. To no end. Ito and Korked are aware of the mafia connection here. And I really. really. would like to go to sea otter. never been, hear its great. might need some tickets over.

im thinking that if it doesnt go down quickly and cleanly... vigilante justice at least makes it feel better.

but thats just the rant. seriously, am i hearing that no one knows this kid well enough to tell him to at LEAST trade it back?

all im saying is.. it would be wise for him to step down and hand it back over.. im pretty sure a tight cycling community can make life a royal pain for this kid, hearing about blacklisting him from shops, etc.

someone stand up to the kid, and help a bro out. you wouldnt like it if someone wouldnt do it for you.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
draco said:
Things like this frustrate me. To no end. Ito and Korked are aware of the mafia connection here. And I really. really. would like to go to sea otter. never been, hear its great. might need some tickets over.

im thinking that if it doesnt go down quickly and cleanly... vigilante justice at least makes it feel better.

but thats just the rant. seriously, am i hearing that no one knows this kid well enough to tell him to at LEAST trade it back?

all im saying is.. it would be wise for him to step down and hand it back over.. im pretty sure a tight cycling community can make life a royal pain for this kid, hearing about blacklisting him from shops, etc.

someone stand up to the kid, and help a bro out. you wouldnt like it if someone wouldnt do it for you.
see i ain't no fighter, but i aree with ya here man, people like this need to get their ass kicked. several times.
kill him, kill him a lot.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
anyone wanna trade bikes,
I gotta Ellsworth Dare in PERFECT CONDIDTION. Honest :rolleyes:

Really good luck sorting this out.
Karma's a bitch and it will catch up to him sooner or later.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
DVNT said:
anyone wanna trade bikes,
I gotta Ellsworth Dare in PERFECT CONDIDTION. Honest :rolleyes:

Really good luck sorting this out.
Karma's a bitch and it will catch up to him sooner or later.
so you're frame was making a clicking noise, so you decided to rap it in rubber to quiet it down. cool.
huh?

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Dude... that sucks hardcore. I'm really sorry to hear about what happened.

Honestly, if I was you... I'd just buy the new frame from Cortina. Since they're willing to cut you one helluva deal, you're getting a brand new frame for $800.00. That's insane cheap considering what the frame is like.

I'd mail your cracked frame back to Cortina, and then have them ship you a new one. For $800, you can't go wrong.

Otherwise, good luck with the ass-kicking. I'd like to see an internet bitch-fight turned real life. Can we say... "Round 1....... FIGHT"

Hahah.

-Matt

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Imagine that, I'll be riding in the area in a couple weeks. Wouldn't it be interesting if I happened across that blue Bullit.