Quantcast

Dont Get Screwed By This Guy

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
korked7 said:
Thanks to everyone whos lookin out for me. its really cool how even if you're from an other place the monkies are lookin out fo ya
The monkey population once got a dude fired from his LBS job. Don't mess with a monkey.

:evil:

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
Im so bummed. I was all stoked to have a Cortina... Ive been wanting one for so long and I got a cracked one. I just want a Cortina that isnt broken. 800 bucks is alot of money tho. Even if he'd help me send it back to cortina and get it replaced I'd be stoked. I dont wanna do anything drastic cuz I'd feel really bad if he got screwed out of riding. Even if he did screw me I wouldnt wish that kind of punishment on anyone. But whats gotta be done has gotta be done. Anyway. The monkey population is being super helpful and im way stoked to be a part of it. Thanks to everyone whos been posting and talking to him. You guys are a huge help and Im really thankful.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
korked7 said:
Im so bummed. I was all stoked to have a Cortina... Ive been wanting one for so long and I got a cracked one. I just want a Cortina that isnt broken. 800 bucks is alot of money tho. Even if he'd help me send it back to cortina and get it replaced I'd be stoked. I dont wanna do anything drastic cuz I'd feel really bad if he got screwed out of riding. Even if he did screw me I wouldnt wish that kind of punishment on anyone. But whats gotta be done has gotta be done. Anyway. The monkey population is being super helpful and im way stoked to be a part of it. Thanks to everyone whos been posting and talking to him. You guys are a huge help and Im really thankful.
You are being a stand up guy. Even if this guy doesn't own up to his responsibility you will have some major positive karma points built up. Kudos to you for being so calm and level headed throuought this ordeal :thumb:
Kudos to the Monkeys out there too! I am still a noob around here and things like this make me really glad I found Ridemonkey and make me want to stick around and get to know these people better. :thumb:

J

JRB

stoney98 said:
why not screw him from riding? that's what he's effectively done for you? Harsh punishment leads to less need, as people do not want to be punished. You cheat someone, you should expect tenfold the return.

-stone
w3rd....

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
yea, i have to say with all these thread here lately. been super sketched out on buying stuff. i just traded my lenzsport pro for a Karpiel Army. there was some things messed up on the bike. yet i know i can get them fixed. so ya i have to put money into this to get it to ride correctly.
but totally sorry to hear about your setup, good luck with it though.

nice monkies.

seems we both traded single pivot bikes for the linkage bikes. some what same linkage too. weird.

goodluck
Steve

Darryl

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
ZION
ffs, what's the point in even doing something like this to someone? I cringe even remotely imagining what the Zion crew would do to a chump in this situation. String him up and P on him.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I won't be there ;) ;)

And I won't kick him while he's down either ;) ;)

And I absolutely will not have anything to do with commandeering the bike back ;) ;) ;)

I cannot condone such behavior!

Darryl

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
ZION
I love it, the board he scammed someone off of is the same one that's gonna make sure he has to ride that bike on the moon to even enjoy it. Man, and we have all these wonderful trails and beautiful trannies here too. This is kind of like being so drunk you C**kblock yourself.

Korked, come down and ride with us. :p

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
get me more pics of that thing, my buddies (and me) are the ones who built almost all of the jumps and cliff drops out at Ellwood and they are out there a few days a week. These are the kind of guys that would gladly lay the smack down for a good cause.

If you can supply me pics of the bike as is or at least as was, that would help. A pic of Gordon would be really nice as well. He could sell that thing and we wouldn't want some poor kid getting beat down for nothing now do we...

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
Gordon and I are trying to work this out in a civil manner. If everyone would stop threatening to steal it back and showing up at his house and thrashing him senceless with a chain whip it'd b cool. Thanks for all the support. Lets just try to be civil because it could turn out alot uglier than it already is. Thanks again for all the help and support you guys are showing. I cant even believe that this has had such an affect. Most of you dont even know me and you're being so helpful. Ridemonkey is full of really good people and that makes me really stoked to be a part of it

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
So then you guys are negotiationg some sort of deal then? He has contacted you or replied to your messages???

I hope that's the case...

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
Yea. Hes made an offer to pay the shipping to and from cortina but I'd still b out 800 bones. So I dunno if that'll b enough. Im thinking about other options... anyone got any suggestions?? :help:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
korked7 said:
Yea. Hes made an offer to pay the shipping to and from cortina but I'd still b out 800 bones. So I dunno if that'll b enough. Im thinking about other options... anyone got any suggestions?? :help:
I think the only real way to work it out is to trade back. You shouldn't be stuck paying more money so you get a working frame. He knew it was cracked when he traded/sold to you. IMO anything less than him giving you back your frame and offering to pay for shipping on both frames is unacceptable.

Gordon, if you are reading this, please try to understand that you really are in the wrong here. At least do it so that you can have a clear consience. Do the right thing and give back the frame.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Ciaran said:
I think the only real way to work it out is to trade back. You shouldn't be stuck paying more money so you get a working frame. He knew it was cracked when he traded/sold to you. IMO anything less than him giving you back your frame and offering to pay for shipping on both frames is unacceptable.
Can't say it any better than that.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
forget karma and all that crap.
make revenge your utmost goal in life.
go to the police, file a complain for mail fraud for the value of your bullit.
or if do you have your receipts for the bullit, report it as stolen, then do something to get it back.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
That's a complete bogus offer. Nicole Simpson/Goldman's family got more justice than that :rolleyes:

What's it gonna take to get him to see there is only one right thing to do???

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
ALEXIS_DH said:
forget karma and all that crap.
make revenge your utmost goal in life.
go to the police, file a complain for mail fraud for the value of your bullit.
or if do you have your receipts for the bullit, report it as stolen, then do something to get it back.
Or even if you don't do that, atleast threaten the guy that you're gonna go to the police for mail fraud. That way he might get freaked out and actually cooperate and do something for you.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
now that we play with unlikely options...
make the mail fraud filing at the police, then contact one of those places that pay the bail on jails and ask them to contact you their bounty hunter!!!!!!!!
i dont think that`d be illegal....

will cost ya few hundred bucks, but will scare the living crap out that guy, and you get your bike back...

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
korked7 said:
Yeah. Tell him to ship your Bullitt back, and then and only then you'll ship back the Cortina. Preferably on his dime, but if dropping $40-$50 is all it takes to get your Bullitt back, that's certainly better than where you are now. Like the others have said, f-that offer he recently made you. He needs to make things right. I feel for you, and your situation. I hope things are made right. :(

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Zark said:
This guy is screwed. I'll find you Gordon, and make you pay.

I have the impression that behind Zark's nice guy facade he will most likely bite your tonge out. ;)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
On the one hand, I can see why dex would want to stay out of it, but he should also bear in mind- when you choose your friends, you choose your enemies.

"A man is known by the books he reads, by the company he keeps, by the praise he gives, by his dress, by his tastes, by his distastes, by the stories he tells, by his gait, by the notion of his eye, by the look of his house, of his chamber; for nothing on earth is solitary but every thing hath affinities infinite." ---Ralph Waldo Emerson