Quantcast

Dont Get Screwed By This Guy

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
Sorry one more thing. I talked to Cortina today. My origional estimate of 800 bucks for the whole thing was correct. But they said that they could possibly fix the crack in the swing arm and that'd hold me over for a year or two. The fix would be around $600-$650. Not too bad considering that I might be having $500 thrown my way. Anyway, I'll keep ya posted on any developments in the saga. Have a good day!

Taylor

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Maybe someone could remind DGHG of what happens to young white boys from the suburbs when they end up in prison. Mail fraud = Hugeass fine, and when you can't pay that fine for whatever reason they send you to a camp. If those camps are full you go on tour to all the county jails in your district. Those county jails are a very bad place to be. Very bad place to be.....

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
Geoff G. said:
oh really, I have a suspisoin that this is him
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106161&highlight=dhr

he denies it, but look at the picture of the bike, It has the same sticker on it, and he is from simsbury mack, maybe you could help me out on this one, you're from ct. too
id agree...unless that guy bought it from lax...

can find the picture he posted of it under the name Lax
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1126739#post1126739
pretty similar...

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
yes, and I remember seeing a picture of the bike with that same girl sticker on pinkbike, under laxincubus. also, the picture of the bike for sale is hoasted on wassobe's website, and if I remember wassobe is the friend of laxincubus.

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
korked7 said:
haha i dont see any prision time in his near future... atleast out of this. we're trying to work it out the cheepest we can for both ends.

what? ****, why? he totally assraped you. why are you making it a comprimise? the way i see it, you get your bullit back entirelyas you had it, plus shipping and handling hassles, and tell him to go F himself.

really Tg. how you gonna not go all Hcore on him. im gonna call you a pussy from now on. or start saying you like afi.

i bet i could fake you calling the police to get things rolling :rolleyes: :)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Ito, let's not do anything until or unless we are asked specifically. I know he appreciates the help but we lose leverage if we start acting on these things. If we blacklist him then he'll really have nothing to lose so he'll just keep the bike anyway.

It's nice to know that we can affect him seriously though if he decides not not do the right thing.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I got the email notification so I saw the original post...

I wasn't slaggin' you, I just want to make sure he gets the bike back :)

Banzai

Chimp
Feb 2, 2005
I hate to see someone like DHGH to get ahead, but in light of everything that's gone on I'd be happy he's offering anything now judging by the type of guy he sounds like. It'd probably be a good idea just to take it and end all this headache now, you have to consider what that's worth to you as well. He'll get his eventually no matter what you do.

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
don't listen to his friend Banzai.

Dude you need to take your thread title to heart. If you don't stand up now, you could end up being walked all over for the rest of your life, just like he is walking all over you now. There should be no compromises on your part.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Ok call his parents and let them know you will be filing some mail fraud charges ,they will poop knowing that they will be responcible for attorneysn fee`s for their douche nozzel son :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
Banzai said:
I hate to see someone like DHGH to get ahead, but in light of everything that's gone on I'd be happy he's offering anything now judging by the type of guy he sounds like. It'd probably be a good idea just to take it and end all this headache now, you have to consider what that's worth to you as well. He'll get his eventually no matter what you do.

true he'll get his... but at what cost to our friend Korked? I say press on with charges. not only will he get whats coming to him, but taylor doesnt loose out.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
shocktower said:
Ok call his parents and let them know you will be filing some mail fraud charges ,they will poop knowing that they will be responcible for attorneysn fee`s for their douche nozzel son :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:
I don't think he's beholden to his parents...he's a Freshman at UCSB (as far as I know).

This guy's a ****head, I've read somethings he's said about this. He feels no remorse over this at all, or sympathy for Taylor. He's a bastard, plain and simple, and should be treated as such. This was premeditated fraud, and he suckered Taylor into it on purpose. No compromise. Cash or the frame, anything less and you'll forever be a pussy in my book, you PC bitch ;)

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
Damn both CTbikes (laxincubus) and DHGH tried to trade me for my big hit, I'm glad I bought Oly's DHR instead.

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
Gordon and I have finally come to an agreement. I will be getting 500 dollars from him. I only ask that no one does anything stupid. This would intail getting him black listed from any shops. ITO, i know you're itchin to do it but im gonna have to ask you not to. This also goes further. No stealing the bike back from him. I will be sending him the recipt from when i bought the bike so it'll b his 100% no questions asked. Also, no beating him up. I know alot of you are pissed about this but thats not the best way to solve this anyway. And those of you saying I should press charges... i cant. There is no documentation of the trade actually being made (e-mails, instant messanges, phone conversations, ect). None of the evidence I have would have held up anyway. Also it would have turned out more expensive and uglier than it has already been. Thanks to everyone who's made suggestions (as far fetched as some of them were). Im learned a really good lession about documentation, and internet sales/trading. I think its safe to say that trading isnt the best idea. Thanks alot guys and happy posting. see ya around

Taylor

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
korked7 said:
And those of you saying I should press charges... i cant. There is no documentation of the trade actually being made (e-mails, instant messanges, phone conversations, ect). None of the evidence I have would have held up anyway. Also it would have turned out more expensive and uglier than it has already been. Taylor
Oral agreements are usually just fine although they have a time limit of a year or two. You have the reciept for the bike to prove that it was yours in the first place. You also have the bike shop as a witness that the bikes were traded. Just an fyi if he balks on ya'lls agreement.

I wouldn't send him the reciept until you have the money, and if it is any kind of check, it clears your bank.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Seriously? New level of hate. If you're right, I hate him more than I hate the SB kids.

GJ screwing one of my friends, asshat.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeahs i believe it is him as well, infact i have had five people here localy telling me gordon is bomberboy

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Korked, I feel terrible about you getting scammed and all. But seriously dude, are you some kind of uber-calm buddist or something. If somebody lit your dog on fire, would you just smile and mention how nicely he glowed?

The guy that ripped you off is a total dick. After that funds show, I would report his ass for mailfraud, and teach him a lesson. Hes getting off relatively easy considering what he did, and you're letting it happen. It was premeditated mail fraud, and you don't care. Stand up and teach the little bastard a lesson.

And You Dexqr20, you're just a dick. One of the reasons I like this sport is the people. I've met a ton of people from biking like no other. Theres a comraderie and, well a bond I guess that I've never experienced with any other sport i've been in. One of the unspoken rules is to help a bro out. You see a guy with a flat, offer help. Guy hurt? Help him out. Cheer for other racers. Basically, take care of your own and nurture the best part of the sport. Yet here you are with personal access to a guy thats deliberaly screwed over another rider, and you do less then nothing. Way to go dude, way to go. Remind me to shurg when you don't get paid for something sent to my neck of the woods and I know the jerk who did it. After all, its "not my problem."

Teach that little asshole a lesson, and get more then what you deserve.

Kopiklokoli

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Nor Cal, of course
Yeah I really hate people like that, I bought a 6 way swinger from someone on this site under the impression that it was new. Turned out it was blown out, oil everywhere as soon as i put it on my bike.
So yeah, don't buy from stgil888.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Wumpus said:
Damn it. I was right in the middle of a bad seller thread about SX when it got deleted. Does anybody know how it ended?:rofl:
Guy got his crap eventually after a lot of BS and a long wait...

Dropmachine, this happened a loong time ago...Korked has since gotten over it (and got a V10...he even lives in Orange County now), though Gordon never had to pay up. He got a functioning Bullit for a broken Cortina. Assclown.