Quantcast

Dont Get Screwed By This Guy

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
maxyedor said:
One note to add, I don't think mail fraud laws would apply unless the bike was shipped USPS. Sucks for Taylor, he really did get jacked.
That little loophole was fixed in 1994:

The language of the mail fraud statute remained unchanged for 100 years. It wasn’t until 1994 that Congress expanded and enhanced the statute as part of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, inserting new language into Section 1341 that reads “or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier.” Con artists who try to circumvent the mail by using private interstate couriers are no longer exempt from the law, as the 1994 Crime Bill amended the mail fraud statute to include them. The mail fraud statute can now be used for items sent through the U.S. Mail, as well as FedEx, UPS or other interstate carriers and couriers.
http://judiciary.senate.gov/testimony.cfm?id=935&wit_id=2650

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Yeah guys bomberboy is gordon my friend rides with him. He told me his name and i put two to two together, Gordon = bomberboy, don't buy any of his stuff you will screw you too. Just a heads up. And to any of those that are wondering the guy i sold the pedals to recieved them yesturday, and deleted the thread, so im not a scamer.