Quantcast

Don't know where to post this,but need advice?

Rambo

Chimp
Apr 12, 2010
I have some dirt jumps about 8 miles from me,the only person I dirt jump with(also my best friend) and I have mopeds and I said we can just strap the bikes to them and drive there,yet he insists on biking the whole 8 miles on bmx bike because he is afraid of his bike falling off. Do you think it would be morally wrong of me to still drive there and him ride his bike there alone?(as I really don't want to bike that far) I feel like im obligated to ride with him,but again,I really hate biking long distances on single-speed bmx bikes where you can barely even sit down.

tl;dr Friend wants me to bike 8 miles with him to some dirt jumps when we can just drive there,but friend doesn't want to drive.what do?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
This honestly sounds like pre-teen girl drama, do what you want, tell you friend not to be a pvssy, i would guess that after he has to ride 8 miles alone, he might reconsider that moped.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I have some dirt jumps about 8 miles from me,the only person I dirt jump with(also my best friend) and I have mopeds and I said we can just strap the bikes to them and drive there,yet he insists on biking the whole 8 miles on bmx bike because he is afraid of his bike falling off. Do you think it would be morally wrong of me to still drive there and him ride his bike there alone?(as I really don't want to bike that far) I feel like im obligated to ride with him,but again,I really hate biking long distances on single-speed bmx bikes where you can barely even sit down.

tl;dr Friend wants me to bike 8 miles with him to some dirt jumps when we can just drive there,but friend doesn't want to drive.what do?
you can't call yourself Rambo if you're afraid to ride 8 miles!

Last edited:

Rambo

Chimp
Apr 12, 2010
you can't call yourself Rambo if you're afraid to ride 8 miles!
LOL, i'm not afraid to ride there,I guess I should have made my username "(slightly-out-of-shape)rambo"

Last edited:

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
before my scooter **** the bed i rode with my bmx on the seat. definitely uncomfortable but it was the coolest way to get to riding i've found. also i will say remain aware of your width. I knocked over a construction sign going like 30mph. :rofl:

8 miles on a bmx? so 16 miles round trip? plus riding at the jumps? take the freakin mopeds. take the bus. hitchhike. something. you wont want to ride as hard when you get there plus the ride home will be agony.

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
^ What he said. Or... A bmx could easily fit into a large-ish duffel bag that he could carry on his back, while riding his moped.