Quantcast

Don't mess with a monkey!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
At the beginning of the summer I bought a nice new (and expensive) Yakima bike rack for the trunk of my car. I come out from the grocery store today only to find that some cum-guzzling asshat had cleanly cut through 2 of the 6 straps and somehow removed the other 2 from inside my truck. I get to my car and it looks like the remains of a present that ws open with straps dangling from my car. Bastards... Who does this sort of thing!?! Thank goodness my bike wasn't on the back....

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
bluebug32 said:
The trunk carrier attaches to the trunk via straps with hooks that go inside the trunk on the bottom, on the top and on the side. Someone cut the straps and tried to take it!
Ohhh, man I am a freakin' idiot. I work at a bike shop and install those all time and I still can't get an image of what you were talking about. But now I do. Have no fear.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
rpk1988 said:
Ohhh, man I am a freakin' idiot. I work at a bike shop and install those all time and I still can't get an image of what you were talking about. But now I do. Have no fear.
Cool. I promise not to tell your shop ;)

and..ummm...any chance of getting ahold of two replacement straps? Do they sell those??

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yah cum-guzzling asshats... it takes them a few seconds to realize there's no such thing as an invisible bike, but by then they've cut half of the straps of a typical trunk mount. :monkey:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Thanks, everyone. The one thing I guess I can be thankful for is that they didn't take the rack itself. I wish I could just bolt the thing to my car or hire a midget to sit on the trunk and guard it...j/k

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
bluebug32 said:
Thanks, everyone. The one thing I guess I can be thankful for is that they didn't take the rack itself. I wish I could just bolt the thing to my car or hire a midget to sit on the trunk and guard it...j/k
"Say hello to my little friend."

Seriously, you just can't trust people. You need to take the rack off when there is not bike on it. I hate to say it, but there is no other option. I bet the person who tried to take it didn't even have a bike, but decided to try to steal, because it was there...scumbag!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
bluebug32 said:
Cool. I promise not to tell your shop ;)

and..ummm...any chance of getting ahold of two replacement straps? Do they sell those??
Thanks.

Not usually. I wouldn't know because we sell Thule and Saris only. Haha.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
blt2ride said:
"Say hello to my little friend."

Seriously, you just can't trust people. You need to take the rack off when there is not bike on it. I hate to say it, but there is no other option. I bet the person who tried to take it didn't even have a bike, but decided to try to steal, because it was there...scumbag!
Sure there is. Get ahold of some of that wire ribbon (same stuff they use to ground engine blocks to car frames) and reattach that rack with those. Watch those pricks cut through that.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
get a real nice shiny new Bones rack, then go back to the same supermarket. wait in the trunk, and when they come, piss all over 'em! :thumb: case closed. damn, why am i so e-happy tonight?