Quantcast

Don't shop at sports basement

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I got a job over at sports basement back in the fall, I got scheduled for friday, saturday, and sunday. Six weeks after I started the manager called me over to talk to me then proceeded to lay into me about why I hadn't been working on thusrday and how I was being irresponsible. With no warning, and with the posted schedule never having me working on thursdays, I got fired. I was then handed a BLANK form with the reason for firing me and the dates I was warned left empty. When I refused to sign the manager told me I couldn't have my check, so I scribbled all over where they could write and signed it. She kind of realized I didn't want to play games and she gave me my check.

I went and applied for unemployment, I got a letter saying I got it awarded, then 2 days later received a letter saying I didn't get it. I called sports basement to see what was up and talked to the HR guy. He told me they did nothing to block my unemployment. 3 and a half months later I went to court only to find that same HR guys name on the form to block my unemployment. They tried to save some money by being scumbags and block my unemployment, that actually came from my previous job.

I didn't want it to come to this, but I was wronged in a big way. I have been pretty broke for quite some time now (it's getting really hard to find another job, I have been looking) and am just lucky I live with my parents.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
That was a fun story.

Sorry to hear you lost your job man. The economy is **** right now. We are getting full on programmers applying for technical support jobs. Pretty sad.

esper

Chimp
Jun 30, 2008
Campbell CA
thats crappy. A lot of company's do bull**** things like that.

You can send me your resume if you need a job you can message me, We have positions that will be opening up shortly. We love getting more bikers here...