Quantcast

dont u hate it when....

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
you get ready to go for a ride and u realize u have a flat...i was getting ready to go on one of those after work 2am rides around campus and i've got a flat on my front...kinda sux...plus i'm out of tubes...i'm thinkin it was from a staple, cause there has been a bunch of staples layin around this place i like to ride at...o well...i guess i'll go to sleep instead

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
cannondalejunky said:
sry 2 much im & txt msg
Am I the only person left who still uses regular words, no matter what the transmission medium is?

The furthest I'll stoop is a an acronym here and there, like "iirc" "imo", etc. Oh, and I've stopped being such a stickler about capitalization - but everything else is normal words. No "2", "o", "u" or any of the other abbreviations.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
binary visions said:
Am I the only person left who still uses regular words, no matter what the transmission medium is?

The furthest I'll stoop is a an acronym here and there, like "iirc" "imo", etc. Oh, and I've stopped being such a stickler about capitalization - but everything else is normal words. No "2", "o", "u" or any of the other abbreviations.
When I took my COMM215 course, I was blown away by the number of people who are considered to be business professionals that use business email for business use and include crap like that in it.

I don't text, but I have used IM at work for years. Even though I may type slow, I still use whole words. But I also know the difference between your and you're, its and it's, and there is no such word as "alot".

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jimmydean said:
When I took my COMM215 course, I was blown away by the number of people who are considered to be business professionals that use business email for business use and include crap like that in it.
I absolutely could not believe the number of people who did that when I was working for my last job. The fact that a vice president would send out an email to a project team and include something like "u" or say "thx" at the end just blows my mind.

IMO, emails are formal communication just like signed letters. You capitalize, punctuate correctly, and spell check it. Zippy communications back and forth between individuals... well, okay. But when a boss sends out an email to a project team that says, "would u make sure to include me on future communications. thx." - I just... argh. :mumble:

Funny fact: We had an entire safety document regarding our manufacturing floor that, in numerous places throughout the document, warned against having "bear" feet and suggested that, if you got something lodged in a machine, you do not reach your hand in there to get it but instead use the safety "thongs" located next to each machine. There were probably 10-15 occurances of each word in the document.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
splat said:
:stupid:

I am terrible with capitals ( and I don't mean states ) and my spelling/typing isn't always the best , But I at least try.
ditto. My grammar/spelling might not be the best... but I do make an effort at least.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
<snip>
Funny fact: We had an entire safety document regarding our manufacturing floor that, in numerous places throughout the document, warned against having "bear" feet and suggested that, if you got something lodged in a machine, you do not reach your hand in there to get it but instead use the safety "thongs" located next to each machine. There were probably 10-15 occurances of each word in the document.
I've started to find errors in books now. Of the last dozen or so books I've read I'd guess I've found gramatical/spelling errors in 4 or 5. It's sad, really. :nonono:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
I've started to find errors in books now. Of the last dozen or so books I've read I'd guess I've found gramatical/spelling errors in 4 or 5. It's sad, really. :nonono:
I don't remember the last time I read a book without finding at least one error in it. On the other hand, a small handful of errors in 100-500 pages isn't totally unreasonable.

cannondalejunky here can't go 100-500 letters :p

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Don't you hate it when ...

... your hunched over your bars, totally mashing a tough climb, and your brake lever rips the bite valve off off your hydration hose?

I hate that. :mumble:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
SkaredShtles said:
:stupid: Even in some higher-end academic stuff. It's dissapointing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
cannondalejunky said:

sorry, i must have missed section of the rules where it said that you must use propper grammer[sic] on all posts made in this forum
you can do whatever you want, but there's no rule that says we won't bust on you for being illiterate.

it's grammar with an "a", for the record.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
cannondalejunky said:
sorry, i must have missed section of the rules where it said that you must use propper grammer on all posts made in this forum
Those rules aren't RM-specific, they are general rules of communication.

And "propper" is funny.

EDIT: WOOOWOOOOOWOOOOO here comes the grammar police with the smackdown!!

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
RenegadeRick said:
Six (6) errors in a single sentence complaining about being called out for your lack of posting skills might make one think they have a point. :)
edit: i went ahead and deleted what i said because i dont feel like getting banned...and this topic is so retarted that it's not worth it

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hmm... Please assign konabumm's custom title to cannondalejunky as well.

"I have no sense of humor"

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
SkaredShtles said:
No.

But consider this - the poster in question just told us that he's too lazy to spend 5 minutes changing a flat. I'd say you shouldn't be surprised. :D

btw i wasn't too lazy...i said i didn't have another tube to replace it with

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
cannondalejunky said:
edit: i went ahead and deleted what i said because i dont feel like getting banned...and this topic is so retarted that it's not worth it(.)
Sorry I missed it. :rolleyes:
Oh, and the red above is just to rub it in. :nuts:

Six (6) errors in a single sentence, again.
I counted them because I was hoping to be able to say you had improved. I guess I can keep hoping, right? :weee:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Kopiklokoli said:
I got an acceptance letter from a college that said something like "Your clearly and acidemically focused individual who will excel at our college..."
uh... might want to apply to better colleges next time or work on your recall. 3 words wrong out of the first 4 isn't too good.