salo: I LOVE IT
salo: ORACLE - INFORMATION AT LIGHT SPEED
captainfarrell1970: BROKERACLE

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
dfinn said:
no, because it's usually my responsibility to fix them.
Same here. Things are great for you guys, the users are going out on extended lunches, taking the day off. We're in the office smashing our heads at 3am on a Tuesday trying to get the mofo to work...

Although we DO get to rumage through your stuff and can read all your emails, so i guess we win in the end :cool:

-Adam

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The company I'm consulting for put together a brand spankin' new 11i10 database, loaded everything from scratch, and only the validation team (~10-15 experienced users who don't screw around) have access to it, and it still breaks. :rolleyes:

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
hey, I should give a **** the most, i'm the DBA for a company of 500 + users, that's frign funny ha? 11.5.10 EH? LOL. I say stick their data and reports up their ASS. What are they gonna do when the electricity goes OFF? SHUT, for good. GOT PAPER? GOT PENZ? A******S

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
sounds like the positive thinking isn't working out too well

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Knuckleslammer said:
hey, I should give a **** the most, i'm the DBA for a company of 500 + users, that's frign funny ha? 11.5.10 EH? LOL. I say stick their data and reports up their ASS. What are they gonna do when the electricity goes OFF? SHUT, for good. GOT PAPER? GOT PENZ? A******S
Let me just say it's really, really good to have you back.

:monkey:

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
binary visions said:
The company I'm consulting for put together a brand spankin' new 11i10 database, loaded everything from scratch, and only the validation team (~10-15 experienced users who don't screw around) have access to it, and it still breaks. :rolleyes:
Oracle Development keeps consultants gainfully employed and well paid. :redX:

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Toshi said:
sounds like the positive thinking isn't working out too well

I was never an advocate of positive thinking. I just don't let things external to what's in my mind get in. I do rant, but that's what forums are for, right? I'm just in a battle you see, in a sea full of idiots. It's frusterating at times, you know, being a being that thinks at light speed, having to slow myself down to talk to androids void of conscious. Nauseating at times.