Quantcast

don't you love it when...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you walk into work and the sh!t just hits the fan. alarms going off cuz the nitrogen tanks were empty. BOTH OF THEM. AND THEY ARE THE BACK UPS FOR THE SYSTEM. WTF. Got yelled at by my boss for this, then also for not calibrating the equipment these tanks are for. Meanwhile, I was never trained TO calibrate them. Then other equipment is on the fritz, our environmental chambers have freaking calcium buildup and a 10 week study I have 3 of in each chamber (and are on week 7 of said study) may fail because the equipment repair may knock the humidty and temperature out of the acceptable ranges defined in the DOE. On top of that, had to do manual distribution (drop) testing because our drop tester broke last week. Had to walk down to another research department to weigh some samples. WTF its friday come on.

ok rant off. :redhot:

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
laura said:
my banana got smashed in my bag and I had to eat it with a spoon
:nopity:

Bananas are gross, inferior fruit. I like my bananas in the form of artificially flavored Now & Later candy or Laffy Taffy.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Del said:
:nopity:

Bananas are gross, inferior fruit. I like my bananas in the form of artificially flavored Now & Later candy or Laffy Taffy.

laffy taffy is crap and their jokes are too.

Where did the kittens go on the class trip -- to the meow-seum.

The banana is close to perfect, comes in its own wrapper, tastes good, doesn't get sticky and gross, can be cooked, won't pull your frickin caps out of your nouth.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
JK- what kind of lab do you work in? Sounds like a place I used to work. I was always the guy that had to go in on holidays to fill the LN2 dewars to make sure the xray detectors didn't go belly up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
laura said:
laffy taffy is crap and their jokes are too.

Where did the kittens go on the class trip -- to the meow-seum.

The banana is close to perfect, comes in its own wrapper, tastes good, doesn't get sticky and gross, can be cooked, won't pull your frickin caps out of your nouth.

also the peels fly pretty well when tossed up out of car windows.

O'DOYLE RULES!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
jdschall said:
JK- what kind of lab do you work in? Sounds like a place I used to work. I was always the guy that had to go in on holidays to fill the LN2 dewars to make sure the xray detectors didn't go belly up.

i work in R&D testing packages for a pharmaceutical company. Both OTC and Rx. The Rx stuff is like one of the biggest/most important projects i'm on right now (the 10 week study) and it just can't fail.

edit: you would have gotten bonus points for asking in the form of a haiku

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Cooter Brown said:
is that like Mambo #5?..................a little bitta Monica in the sun.......
It's like 'Mambo #5 of Suicide' for your sperm.....:hot:

Heh....I just made a Lou Bega spermicide reference! heh...

A little bit of death in you stick....
A little bit of Erica that ain't coming back...

Cha cha cha

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
jonKranked said:
you walk into work and the sh!t just hits the fan. alarms going off cuz the nitrogen tanks were empty. BOTH OF THEM. AND THEY ARE THE BACK UPS FOR THE SYSTEM. WTF. Got yelled at by my boss for this, then also for not calibrating the equipment these tanks are for. Meanwhile, I was never trained TO calibrate them. Then other equipment is on the fritz, our environmental chambers have freaking calcium buildup and a 10 week study I have 3 of in each chamber (and are on week 7 of said study) may fail because the equipment repair may knock the humidty and temperature out of the acceptable ranges defined in the DOE. On top of that, had to do manual distribution (drop) testing because our drop tester broke last week. Had to walk down to another research department to weigh some samples. WTF its friday come on.

ok rant off. :redhot:
The only gas around here at work is the hot air that comes our of people's mouths.:rolleyes:

oh, and me when I eat dairy:help: