Quantcast

Dorado problems

NovatoSCFR

Monkey
Aug 27, 2004
NOVATO CA
It seems like I'm loosing travel in my dorado. I'm down to about 170mm. What's happening? Also, at the beginning of compression it feels like there is stiction that wasn't there before. I've gone on a few rides that rival GGG in mudiness, and since then it's been pretty whack. Anyone have any suggestions?

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
i would rebuild it, it probably needs new oil. if you take it apart you should clean it very well to make sure there is no dirt inside.there are instructions on manitous website that will help more than i can since they have pics of the insides, there is also a thread on dorado work as a sticky.

Sjase

Chimp
Oct 19, 2005
The Netherlands
From what year is your fork? If it's an '02 model and (still) doesn't have the open oil bath with evil genius seals than it might be dirt inside because of your muddy rides. In that case you should open it up and clean it and then put some new prep M grease in the fork from the topcaps (maybe mix it with some oil to make it a little thinner) If it's newer than it might be something with the tpc cartridge or you just have to put some new oil in there.

Take a good look at the Dorado exposed topic in this section, almost any question is answered there. The things I've suggested are also explained in that topic.