Quantcast

dorado / travis dc integrated stem

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
for those who have seen and had one. what does it look like up close and how does it feel on the trail? also what bar dia, is it

also any interbike travis info would be great!! like the steering radius in comparison to say a sherman slider.

i'm trying to decide between the sc and dc travis. both in 180mm

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yeah but the reason i'm thikning about the dc is because of a lower front end. i just like the feel of a low front end. maybe its because i'm so tall (6' 5"). also with the dc i don't need a stem and i can use a flushmount headset

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I've had the MRD stem on an X-vert carbon and both Dorados I've owned. you can get clamps for either bar diameter. The only drawback I can think of is that, with a non inverted fork, you might be more likely to twist up the lowers in a crash. the Dorado legs slip in the crowns before causing much damage but with one piece lowers, slipping isn't much of an option.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
The Travis stem is different from the Dorado version. It doesn't have several bolt positions to move fore and aft but has a cam that allows forward and backward placement. It also allows either an oversized or standard bar.