Quantcast

Dorms Really Suck!

So, I got done doing some street bicycle stunting, and I came back to my dorm, which is a tower, I live on the 11th floor. Anyways there were these guys playing on their guitars, so i told them to play some danger music as I rode my bike around my hall, because I thought my RA wasnn't home yet, and hey, it's cool to ride around inside.

Now, I've already been talked to twice about riding in the halls, but I had just nailed a new trick, was feeling good, and I *thought* my RA was gone, so I didn't give a flip. I took off like a pro slalom racer, wheeling the halls, railing the corners, and raming the walls as i tried to set a new speed record. I make it around like 4 times, hauling a$$, riping posters off the wall, and just before I come around the corner where the two guys are playing, i hear "STOP TIM!!!!!!" from them yelling at me.

But I didn't know what was going on so I railed the corner and low and behold, my RA was standing there, giving me 'the look'. Turns out he had been in his room the whole time, which was like two doors down from the guitar guys. So now i got written up for doing sports inside the dorms....whoohoo meeee!!! At least my RA was dope about it, he was all like, dude you know Im gonna have to write you up for this, and i was like yeah, whatever, i guess so.

It's starting to look bad, I've had an issue with one person or another from the housing department at a rate of about every 2-3 weeks. :mumble: :thumb:

AHH, college.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Yes, ahh college. Gotta love the 200 pages of 1500 year old text in 4 days and a 10 page paper due on it in the morning. Five pages done and it's almost 1:00 AM. I'm content.

Dorm life is great, take it all in when you can. Then upgrade to on campus apts. I've got 1 roommate and ridiculous amounts of floor space, a kitchen, my own bathroom, etc. and I'm paying about the same. But you will miss the dorm community. Hall sports are the best. Many dents/holes left in the wall from biking, golfing, playing rugby, etc... doesn't get much better

Haha, yeah. We're gonna go mess with people later on tonight.

I've got a 1,000 word rough draft due on monday for my film class(not started, I havn'et even watched the movie) and 1200 word essay due on tuesday for my english class(not started).
And I'm going home tommorrow for some parting times with the good ole' boys, and playing hooky on monday. UH oh, looks like trouble! :)

How are the campus apartments? Do you get alot of flak for stuff that goes down there? Or is it just like a regular off campus apartment, except the college provides it?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Nice, this weekend might involve some partying as well. We'll see.

I go to a private, dry, Christian university, so not a lot a lot of parties. Through a long story of events, instead of living in an off campus apt. with my friends, I got matched with some guy who I don't know, so not a lot happens in the apt. In addition, we still have a PA (RA for the rest of the world). Add on perverse amounts of studying, etc. and there's really not a lot that goes on. Big change from Gonzaga my frosh year when every other room was pre-funking every other night. I miss that, but I still try to get away from here when I can. I really hope my all niter rambling isn't reflective of the quality of my paper; this is a final first draft. :think:

hmm, sounds cool. I've been catching plenty of crap for non-party related things, that probably wouldn't be an issue in an apartment. Putting in bunkbeds, taking out the bookshelves, using an empty JD bottle as a books stop, full of pennies, Im not on my side of the room...the list goes on :rolleyes:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Oh. No, they don't really care. You can arrange it however you want, but my friend in some other apts. got in trouble for trying to build a king size bunk bed in his room. I'm either doing hw, or I'm not here, so there hasn't been a lot of time to do anything to the room. If you put in a shelf they'll just take it out at the end of the year. And some people were drilling holes for the ethernet and no one really cared.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Oh, and last year we built some fairly massive stadium seating and no one really cared either, but we got sick of it and took it down. Those couches were soooo nice for sleeping on. And the heaters liked to either melt of burn anything that was close to them. One day I put a completely melted surge protector out in the hall as an example of how hot these things were, and the fire-marshal made me move it because it was a "fire-hazard". How ironic is that?

That definetly sucks!

Here's part two to Tim's adventureous thursday night, happened like 30 minutes ago...
Well I got hungry, so I went to Winco down the road, which is like Safeway, but alot less expensive. So i got my food, and walked out, then I was like damn, those are some hella blingin' shopping carts. I mean these things were so shinin' they should've had a caddy wif gold teef. So I just had to have one, plus some guys from the dorms sorta dared me. I took one, wheeled it over to my truck and had it just about in(shoping carts weigh a **** load!), when JonnY LaW, the 4-0 showed up, just randomly. I started laughing cause i found it funny for some reason. Pulls up and he like, what are you doing? I was like, well i was gonna take this here cart. Then he says, first of all, "Bad timing huh?", and I was like "Yeah". Then he says "how much have you had to drink tonight?" I was like "nothing dude." So he was like "yeah right", and did their whole tests thing, then decicded i wasn't drunk. Then he says, oh wait this is priceless, Officer Miller says "Your doing this and you haven't been drinking?!" with a chuckle. He was all playing like he was gonna put me in jail, cause the code in moscow is 6 days and a fine. Then he got all cool and said put the cart back so I rallied it over there and he let me go.
Usually I wouldn't post that, but since my night's been going like this, i figured it might as well...

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I've begun page 7. Booyah. I love all niters.
Cops have a tendency to show up at the worst times. It's usually just before you do something really dumb, which is good in a way. I've only had one experience of actually running away from the cops, during a political signing gone WAY wrong.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
It's basically of summary of the steps of prayer in a book written by an abbot in the 6th century. The only problem is that there are 30 steps, so I'm having more trouble condensing it more than not having enough to write about. Just finishing page 8. It's turning into condensed, repetitive crap at this point; I'm going to have to revise a lot of this.

I've always been able to get out of speeding tickets. I even managed to get out of a ticket for driving my car into the ditch. Only thing I've ever gotten a ticket for was not stopping for a pedestrian, and it was arguable so they reduced my fine.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
In our town, SLO-town, if you're honest to the police, they just thank you for making life easier and book you. In San Jose, if you're honest, they thank you for your honesty and let you go, maybe give you a ride home.

After a long, hard night of drinking (chasing Sky Vodka with Captain Morgan's, no shot glasses allowed) I had to ride home on my pink fixie. I lived on campus and my friends lived accross town, about a half hour away. After finding out someone stole my light, I made it to campus, only to ride/stumble/swerve right by two police cars. One porky yells to pull over and the usual "What the hell are you doing!?" I realize it's a mandatory court date for not having a light, and I've used my warnings, and it's a DUI to ride drunk. And there's no getting around the drunk part here in any sort of conversation. He could probably smell the alcohol a block away. I took off, hopped a curb, sprinted through campus. On the other side of campus, I see a cop car cruising with a spot light on, searching all over. So it's over to the service road, a fire road that no one really uses on a Friday night, and proceed to sprint up it and away from the police, only to put the front tire directly into a big ole pot hole, going OTB from a full on fixie sprint up a hill. Ten dental fractures, 2 chipped teeth, 2 FAT lips, and missing a bunch of skin later, I drag myself and my broken bike up to the apartment, and black out in a pubble of blood. Thankfully, the police never caught me, nor never followed the trail of blood directly to my apartment, the one with blood stains all around the key hole.

2 weeks later my buddy rolls through a stop sign, the police see him, he remembers my drunken stupidity and success, and takes off. He makes it away from the police by going to a dead end street, then he realizes cops are coming up the dead end street, hides, and gets caught. $600 and a courth date later and Murphy's Law is still a bitch- drunk me makes it home after wrecking, sober friend can't make it off campus. College is fun!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
moscow poe are much more chill than the pullman poe. Had you been at safeway in pullman and loading a cart into your truck, it would be a serious meeting with johnny law. :(

and btw, winco kicks ass! i love their bulk food section and i always forget they dont take debit, so i have to use that godforsaken atm machine.

"Ten dental fractures, 2 chipped teeth, 2 FAT lips, and missing a bunch of skin later, I drag myself and my broken bike up to the apartment, and black out in a pubble of blood. Thankfully, the police never caught me" YIKES! it sounds like my drunken stories man. Anything to get away from the cops, but was it really worth it? ouch

Once, when i went to school in pullman at wsu, some friends of mine had scored some herb and wanted me to tag along with them while they burned a few bowls. I had recently been in some trouble for eating mushrooms and declined to partakein the herb, but tag along i agreed. They friends i was with decided that the roof of this building near our dorm was a sweet spot for smoking, but had forgotten that all previous smoke sessions there had been in the middle of the night. This was around 3pm on a sunday. So were up on this 2 story building and my friends are on their second or third bowl when a cop comes up this ladder on the other end of this building and yells "NOBODY MOVE." My friends immediatly run the opposite way to the edge of the building and with some hesitation do a running-onehanded-arm vault over the edge of the roof and they all drop down tothe ground, running! I had no herb, pipes or anything and i said 'f*ck that' i dont feel like breaking any ankles. The poe detained me and i sat on the ground for a good hour being interogated while 7 or 8 other police and the kiddy police were out running around looking for my friends. One friend had run straight into a cop and had barrel chested him, knocking him over. It was great when all the cops coverged back to me, huffing and puffing, telling stories of getting barreled over and the suspects getting away. i was given a trespassing charge, which was dropped for reasons beyond me a few weeks later. It was a funny afternoon.