Quantcast

Dorothy Photos

benwitt11

Chimp
May 9, 2006
It will be just the one color at this time. EBB's are available as an option. Stock bikes will be full geared with Paragon dropouts. EBB's will be either Niner or Phil depending on preference.

nalax

Chimp
Oct 2, 2006
Questions, questions

Any idea of price yet?

With the 15" spec'ed with a 22.5" TT and 71.5 deg HA will there be any problem with toe overlap?

Is that a Moots bar?

benwitt11

Chimp
May 9, 2006
The bike rides awesome, better than any 29er I've ridden to date, (and that's a lot!) I am very impressed. Today's the real test, I'll be putting in about 40 miles at Lebanon here in MN.

The price for the bike will be $1250 per frame, with a preorder discount of 15%. Frames should be shipped by late Dec early Jan.

Toe overlap should not be an issue. That said, on the two smaller sizes, it's possible. If you have size 13 feet, and are riding a 13"-15" bike, deal with it. It's not going to be huge, but you might touch. My 29ers are the only bikes I own that do not have some toe overlap. The amount of possible overlap that might happen is going to be very minor.

Moots would not make me the bar that I wanted, (710mm with 17deg sweep.) The bar is a Seven, and matches quite nicely.

Weight as pictured, (with tubes no less,) is 24.9 lbs with a cage and a bell. That's just over the weight of the carbon Orbea tested in DR this month, only this is a full size larger :biggrin: . I'll all smiles at this point, I'll have a full ride report tommorow.

Cheers,
Ben

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Here is a pic of a disguised terrorist that is in cahoots with a certain 29"er afficianado that has Dorothy in his evil clutches! :pirate2:

No other information is available at this time, but any news that becomes available will certainly be updated here. :biggrin:

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
This here Dorothy character has been spendin' some time here in Iowa with me and I would like to enlighten ya'all about some of her finer details.

First of all, no expense was spared to outfit her, and since a bike is a system, I hafta mention these parts. They all contribute in some way to the ride. First off, we have alot of Ti bling courtesy of Moots in the stem and seat post. The handle bar is Ti as well, but it comes from Seven, and has a sweet 17 degree bend to it. Cap that off with some X-O shifters, Hope hydro levers and some corkin' good grips. The saddle on that Ti post is a Bontrager Race XXX lite and is splendifferous on the tushy regions.

The whole she-bang is motored along via a XTR crankset, X-O derailluer, and Dura Ace 12-27 cassette. XTR does the front shifty thing, as well. Fer the wheels we got I-9 goodness laced to some Stans rims running Front XR's on both ends with toobs. That all gets whoa'ed down via the aforementioned Hope discy-discs.

Front boingonium supplied by the infamous White Brothers with the IMV technology stuffed inside. QR version, thank you very much! Speaking of which, we have those lil pepper levers from the good ol boys up Minny-apple-puss way. I likes em in my paws, I do.

All righty then! Ya'all got an idea of how nicely this is kitted out now. How about the ride? Well, I'll get into more detail on that later after I've spent a little more time on her. (Thanks Ben for the gracious extension on the ride time!)

Until then, I'll tell you that I can't wipe the stupid grin off my face every time I ride it! :biggrin:

Stay Tuned!

benwitt11

Chimp
May 9, 2006
That was the original headbadge that Jen Greene produced. It was finished only days befor Interbike, and is now back with her in Philidelphia. Without the original, she cannot make a cast, and therefore, any more.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
These photos are ok but they don't any "wow" factor... none. It's almost a dis-service to the workmanship of the bike.

..and it's gonna be "wow" factor that will sell.