Quantcast

double check

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina

My buddies bike I just painted. It started life as a Fit S2. It was camafloge all over. I think it looks pretty good.

My bike:

Started as a Premium complete. I've changed it a good bit since I got it.

frame: Premium team 21"
fork: Odyssey Race
stem: FBM Protect Ya Neck
bars: FBM Ape Hangers
grips: Demolition Team
lever: Dirt Harry
brake: Demolition Vulcan
seat: Macneil Capital
cranks: Profile 175 w/ti spindle and green cone spacers
pedals: Ody Jim C.
front wheel: stock except the green Proper rim
rear wheel: stock Rhyno Lite with Premium cassette
front tire: Aitken 2.1
rear tire: aitken 1.9
mods: Little bit of green paint I decided to do.

I've had this thing for right at a year now. I've barely ridden my mtb since. Just too much fun.

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
Thanks for the compliments. The green is actually Testors in a rattle can I got at a hobbie shop. I didn't think it'd work but it turned out pretty good. The orange and burgundy is Dupli-Color I got at Auto Zone. Tiles is trying to talk me into taking my brakes off but it ain't happenin'.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
hahaha, nah brakes are your steeze beerz! friggin' summey is unworthy, his bike looks really awesome - you did a good job! That back wheel I hooked him up with looks good in the scheme. Can't wait to get some footage/pics of you cats shreddin' the beerz jumps :)

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
I've been wanting an american made frame for a while, particularly the FBM Joint. Since they quit making them I figured I better snag one up since the Joint 2's were getting hard to find. I really like it. I thought the green would be out of place with the blue but it doesn't look too bad. Thanks go to Tiles for helping with the bb and letting me use his bike stand.

On a sad note, the Comp III on our buddy's bike received a fatal stab wound this week and is now resting peacefully on a tree limb at the start of the trails.

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
Thanks Lee. On a totally unrelated note: If you liked the vid Building the Underground or any trail vid for that matter hit up Empire and order the Vinyl BMX dvd Best of Both Worlds. Mostly trail footage from Catty, Posh, Punjab's trails, and Eastside down in TX. Pundai has a full part in it as well. Has some street and park too.