Quantcast

~~~Double Shot Tuesday GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Can't trust the young. Insanitylevel9 said he was taking over the starting of the GMT, yet he has only started the first one.

Happy birthday Pablo Picasso!

Break out the safety pins and plaid pants, it is Punk For A Day Day.

Out on the right of way yesterday, out there again today. Same sh!t, different day, bigger pile.

Be safe out there.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning QF! Sun is finally coming out round here and I'm actually not looking forward to it today as I have one hell of a headache (actually it's just the left side of my head/sinuses). Syd started a hiphop kids dance class last night so I got a short workout in at the gym. She seemed to enjoy it and can't wait to go back so that's a good sign. Off to find more coffee.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Woke up feeling like crap. Headache, sore throat, stuffy nose. Called in sick and will be pounding Nyquil and OJ all day in bed.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Woke up feeling like crap. Headache, sore throat, stuffy nose. Called in sick and will be pounding Nyquil and OJ all day in bed.
Awww, feel better sugar tits. BTW, who is OJ? You haven't introduced me to him before. :D

Made a pasta last night with stewed tomatoes, bacon, onion, garlic, fresh basil and grated parmesean & romano. Delicious! That's about all I have to report, did a little reading, put up a lens for sale (Nikon 20-35 F2.8 if anyone is interested ;)), and did a little more sorting through the pile of accumulating pictures that need editing and organization.

splat

Nam I am
Morning

decided to wake up the house this morning , by giving them a Disco Fix Stayin Alive at full blast . They were were not amused , but it did wake them up.

Rid in got interesting , Broke my rear derailleur cable about half way in . made for a tough ride the rest of the way . will jury rig it for the ride home.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Morning. Feeling rough this morning after staying up to watch game 5. Whatever happened to the days when 4 hours of sleep was all I needed to get through the day? FML....I am old.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning monkeys, if the weather stays decent and sunny then I may try to go for a small ride after work. I'm really getting sick of the constant cold rainy fall weather lately. :mad:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Rode Approxametly 242 miles on the scooter yesterday chasing different Documents/Paperwork from different Government/county agencies yesterday morning... Left Moval at 630 headed for Orange county, up to LA county, back to riverside county, up to sanbernardino county, back to the other side of riverside citry then home.

After all that I started my Pre acadamy workout last night, right now my everything hurts.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning monkeys.

This weekend, I attempted my first axle swap on my Subaru because of a bad CV joint. While nothing went wrong that I could really control, the bolt that pinches the ball joint into the bottom of the steering knuckle sheared off at the head with surprisingly little pressure. Extractor bit was unsuccessful, drilling from the other side was unsuccessful, so I'm stuck sourcing another knuckle. Found one yesterday and it's getting shipped from Connecticut.

Car forums indicate this is a common problem and we should have just unbolted the whole thing from the strut. Dammit. Hindsight, I guess. It'll still end up much cheaper than getting a shop to do it.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
Morning monkeys!

Can't trust the young. Insanitylevel9 said he was taking over the starting of the GMT, yet he has only started the first one.

Happy birthday Pablo Picasso!

Break out the safety pins and plaid pants, it is Punk For A Day Day.

Out on the right of way yesterday, out there again today. Same sh!t, different day, bigger pile.

Be safe out there.
if its war you want its war you will get, we should make a schedule for who starts it every day :thumb:. yesterday i made a bunch of new friends when i showed up to highschool in my dads benz sl500 :rolleyes:. today im doing nothing...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
'morning monkeys.

This weekend, I attempted my first axle swap on my Subaru because of a bad CV joint. While nothing went wrong that I could really control, the bolt that pinches the ball joint into the bottom of the steering knuckle sheared off at the head with surprisingly little pressure. Extractor bit was unsuccessful, drilling from the other side was unsuccessful, so I'm stuck sourcing another knuckle. Found one yesterday and it's getting shipped from Connecticut.

Car forums indicate this is a common problem and we should have just unbolted the whole thing from the strut. Dammit. Hindsight, I guess. It'll still end up much cheaper than getting a shop to do it.
Find a local Machine shop. For as many of those as I have had break off, never have I had to replace the knuckle/spindle before. Go drop it off somewere that has all the tools for that particular job, should run about 50 to 75 dollars.

FYI.... Axle shaft at my shop would be $229 parts and labor on that vehicle.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Well phuck....since I was off the last couple weeks and off the work grid I just found out this morning that a good friend and former coworker passed away last week. RIP Ken....you will be sorely missed. :(

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Looks like there's only 2 more days of fall left... The rain and snow is coming Thursday... The same day as my new Deity Decoy pedals.:think: I will be riding regardless.

yesterday i made a bunch of new friends when i showed up to highschool in my dads benz sl500 :rolleyes:. today im doing nothing...
Nice. The summer after I got my license my uncle let me spend a weekend at the beach with his brand new Porsche Carrera S. :thumb:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ok Sunday night it was so warm we had the ceiling fan on and all the window open and just a sheet on the bed. Last night the ocean fog rolled in and covered us (did I mention we are at 2900', one mutha deep marine layer) had to pull out the down blakets as it dropped to 39*. Its up to a lovely 42* outside and I'm getting ready for a long day. I get to do my job plus cover a shift for an employee that called in sick, sometimes being upper management sucks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys!

I've been doing some research so I don't sound like a total ass in my interview today and I got the product line from the recruiter. I've gotten excited about companies and projects before, but this is a whole new level. The stuff they are working on is insane and the idea of writing automation to exercise this level of hardware is simply bad ass. I'm giddy.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also, last night a friend brought over a food dehydrator so I can start to dry my peppers. She said "you might want to put it in the garage because it's kinda loud." So I set up a space for it and off it went. 4 hours in I decided to check on the progress and I could barely walk into the garage because the pepper fumes were like a bomb went off! I opened the garage to air out and went to bed.

At about 2:30am I awoke to fumes. The heater kicked on and was pulling the pepper fumes into the house. Damn, those ghost peppers are a mother f@cker! I haven't even eaten one yet and already they are kicking my ass. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Also, last night a friend brought over a food dehydrator so I can start to dry my peppers. She said "you might want to put it in the garage because it's kinda loud." So I set up a space for it and off it went. 4 hours in I decided to check on the progress and I could barely walk into the garage because the pepper fumes were like a bomb went off! I opened the garage to air out and went to bed.

At about 2:30am I awoke to fumes. The heater kicked on and was pulling the pepper fumes into the house. Damn, those ghost peppers are a mother f@cker! I haven't even eaten one yet and already they are kicking my ass. :rofl:
i made the same mistake first time i used a dehydrator too. thankfully it was only cayennes.

when i make jerky i deliberately keep it inside :drool:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
'Morning!

No news, so I'll take this space to plug my husband. Just so you all know, he is a wonderful, forgiving man; and one sexy beast!

THAT is all.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
drove around with the roof down all day after school lol, and thats pretty bad ass.
You just got your license and you're crusing around in a convertable? Damn you kids now a days. When I first got my license I was driving an old beat up '87 Chevy Blazer that used as much oil as gas. You have to have skills to pick up chicks while driving that.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
You just got your license and you're crusing around in a convertable? Damn you kids now a days. When I first got my license I was driving an old beat up '87 Chevy Blazer that used as much oil as gas. You have to have skills to pick up chicks while driving that.
id rather have my own car my parents literally wont let ME buy one, and my dad is ocd about keeping the cars clean so its a little hard to bring the bike.

Invincible or invisible?
spelling i is are not good at

I do ok with my lesubaru but its way easier with the Porsche
i like wagons better

That just means you'll bounce better when I chuck you into walls.
200 pounds.... try and throw me :boss:, this is really starting to get outta hand :rofl: