Quantcast

Douglas SF Is Mud Free!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Well, not entirely, there's still a few overflowing streams, and the chronic wet areas that you have to get off and walk rarely, but the 2005 non-winter ride season is open in Massachusetts. :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Nice Steve! I do want to get down there for teh tour before too long! DJ and I are riding tomorrow morning and then I should be hitting Spier Falls w/ Treesaw and others this weekend. I'll try to get some pics up by Monday.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
treesaw and sq-earl to a few rochester monkeys there for a ride. After the 4 hour death march I realized why Sq-earl is so damn fast. That place is truly amazing!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I rode my road bike about 12-15 miles or so last night and felt pretty good (knee didn't hurt while pedaling)......however my left knee is a little sore this morning. Definitely noticeably different than my right. :( Damnit! :mad:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
splat said:
Vietnam Is is dry too!!! Was in there last night !

so where we riding Tommorow ?
Nam ?
Douglas ?
Plumbers crack ?
I'm down for whatever. You mentioned a potentially busy weekend schedule, do you have a time commitment, IE can only ride for xx hours Saturday? Plumber's would probably be the shortest of the 3. If you want to beat yourself up we can do a 4-5 hour ride at Douglas. :blah: Nothing wrong with 'Nam. Might work out better for Mike, if he's interested in riding.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Instigator said:
treesaw and sq-earl to a few rochester monkeys there for a ride. After the 4 hour death march I realized why Sq-earl is so damn fast. That place is truly amazing!!!
Yeah...kicker is that we didn't even ride half of the trails! :eek:

I am SO psyched for the nice weather weekend and 2 days of trail riding. Now, we just have to decide where to ride on both days!

splat

Nam I am
berkshire_rider said:
I'm down for whatever. You mentioned a potentially busy weekend schedule, do you have a time commitment, IE can only ride for xx hours Saturday? Plumber's would probably be the shortest of the 3. If you want to beat yourself up we can do a 4-5 hour ride at Douglas. :blah: Nothing wrong with 'Nam. Might work out better for Mike, if he's interested in riding.
Saturday morning/afternoon look good . I think Mike is commited to a road ride ( he is training him self for the distance tyo bike commute ) Douglas or Blackstone sound great to me , and you can do a long ride at Blackstone , Last time out ther eI did 4 hours and could have gone longer if I wanted too !

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
splat said:
Saturday morning/afternoon look good . I think Mike is commited to a road ride ( he is training him self for the distance tyo bike commute ) Douglas or Blackstone sound great to me , and you can do a long ride at Blackstone , Last time out ther eI did 4 hours and could have gone longer if I wanted too !
I'm up for Blackstone or 'Nam. Give me a call after work. :thumb:

hans2

Chimp
Jul 26, 2002
Boston
Vietnam is pretty close. The trails are fine but there's still a couple mud wallows that need to dry out before the wankers squish through en masse.

splat

Nam I am
hans2 said:
Vietnam is pretty close. The trails are fine but there's still a couple mud wallows that need to dry out before the wankers squish through en masse.
I'm Not too sure about that , I was in there tonight and the only places that were still muddy are the place that don't dry till July

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115566

and any one who wants to join Berkshiore_rider and my Self , Douglas SF on Rt 16 at 9 am on Saturday !!