Quantcast

Douthat Roll Call?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I would be at Lodi, but I am stuck working. My vacation request that I submitted several months ago got denied due to some unforseen circumstances. Sucks a hard one for sure. :plthumbsdown:

The only other plans I have so far will be the 18 hours on the farm, ms150, blue ridge extreme, sm100 and poor farm fall cup.

What else is going on that some of you are checking out? I feel like I keep hearing about some great races late.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Duryea is in ohio, I cant get my **** together right now and get up there.

I just heard about the race in douthat, does anyone have any information on it?
Have you ever been there?

I've raced it in years past. The trail is fantastic. It usually starts with a few miles of flowy singletrack then you head up the mountain for a moderately hard loooong climb, about 1500 ft of elevation. Once at the top you ride a bit on a ridgeline before bombing back down the mountain. Second half of the route sends you to the other side of the park for another harder long climb followed by a really fun downhill.

Of all the races I have been to Douthat is the best venue.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would be at Lodi, but I am stuck working. My vacation request that I submitted several months ago got denied due to some unforseen circumstances. Sucks a hard one for sure. :plthumbsdown:

The only other plans I have so far will be the 18 hours on the farm, ms150, blue ridge extreme, sm100 and poor farm fall cup.

What else is going on that some of you are checking out? I feel like I keep hearing about some great races late.
Massanutten Hoo Ha is one to put on the schedule, June 3rd.

http://www.mountainbikevirginia.com/Hooha.htm

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA

Might also think about the Wilderness 101 is you like stuff like SM100. Chris puts on both events and they are both great.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Might also think about the Wilderness 101 is you like stuff like SM100. Chris puts on both events and they are both great.
Yeah, saving the 101 for 2008. The SM100 will be my first 100 miler. I've been training hard for some time now and finally feel ready, but I think I may just keep it to the one this year. We'll see though. I hear the 101 is fantastic as well.

I wanted to do the Hoo Ha, but I'll be on vacation with my wife down in Pisgah then. Same vacation is also keeping me out of the chimney climb.

I plan to race a lot next season, and will remember not to plan a vaca too early in the season.

Any big fall races I'm not thinking of aside from the SM100 and Poor Farm fall cup? I wanted to do the Momma this year but was bummed to find it moved to this past weekend instead of the fall as usual.