Quantcast

Downhill and Super D race at Bootleg Canyon

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Need a break from the snow and cold or just want to check out some sick downhill in the desert?

All Mountain Cyclery presents the 3rd Annual Downhill and Super D Bicycle Race:
Mob’N’the Mojave
Presidents Day Weekend February 16th and 17th 2008
Historic Bootleg Canyon, Boulder City, Nevada
www.allmountaincyclery.com
To check out the trails at Bootleg Canyon check click here www.bootlegcanyon.org

Presidents day weekend will be filled with bicycle racing for all to enjoy in Bootleg Canyon. This is the third year for this festival style race, and the word has been spreading rapidly through the grapevine of racers, spectators and enthusiasts alike since last year’s event. With close to 200 racers last year, the event continues to draw a larger crowd annually. Bicycles Bands BBQ and of course Being with your friends riding bikes. There will be a Raffle open to the public $2 a ticket and each racer gets a ticket with registration. Awards ceremony will be held after each day of racing. Racing in the Super D event is a blast for all skill levels. Mostly downhill from the top on Cross Country trails, the Super D race on Saturday should draw the most diverse crowd. The “Main” event on Sunday is the Downhill race that starts at the very top of the mountain and descends down the face of Bootleg. This course has two race courses for different skill levels. This event is open to the public. Registration will be open until Saturday the 16th of February.

For more information pm me here or e-mail @ info@downhillmike.com
I may be able to help you find super cheap airfare and accommodations if needed.

Downhill Mike

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
oh bollocks... i have to leave for hong kong that weekend :(
Oh you poor (jet setting) bastard I feel sorry for you (long pause while I extinguish anamosity for you!).. You can catch another ride, theres more to life than racing down moon rock!
like sitting in Hong Kong and buying stuff straight from the peeps that we get it from for a fraction of the cost or watching ninja warrior in person, gaisha girls, culture, XMC challenge, sight seeing, just the fact of being there is cool!
That rocks, Im jealous. Your there and erens in the UK from washington.
Have fun and get pics.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh you poor (jet setting) bastard I feel sorry for you (long pause while I extinguish anamosity for you!).. You can catch another ride, theres more to life than racing down moon rock!
like sitting in Hong Kong and buying stuff straight from the peeps that we get it from for a fraction of the cost or watching ninja warrior in person, gaisha girls, culture, XMC challenge, sight seeing, just the fact of being there is cool!
That rocks, Im jealous. Your there and erens in the UK from washington.
Have fun and get pics.
The problem is, when my company sends someone to Hong Kong on business, that means working 15 hour days while you're jet lagged another 15 hours. At which point I would much rather race my bike down some moon rock!

caseyo

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
Reno
Open class is freakin expensive! 85 bucks! with only 20 going to the prize purse! I'll still be there though.

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Thanks. We'll see you there. Should be some big names in the open class.
C'mon east coast racers. I would like to challenge the east coast 40+ experts.
George are you coming too? Or just the kid?

DHM

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Nope it wasn't me. Funny you ask because I was going to call as Ska Todd just gave me your number yesterday. I will be calling you soon.

DHM

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
George was banned along with his hilarious posts..:disgust1:....this place could use him right now.
I know that. That's the only reason I can dare him on this site. He was faster than me but I have the edge on him now.
Definition of my edge on Viscous Dh'er: I am not banned on Ridemonkey.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
The guys were already enjoying the Las Vegas life, but i heard
2nd-Ryan Condrashoff, 3rd Aaron Gwin, and
JRX-Kevin Aeillo was fastest overall, but wasn't racing Pro.
Sorry i didn't catch the winner.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
top 6 men & women's winner posted on Pinned.
sorry, they only had one printout that i saw of results that was getting passed around...which was well into the evening.... & well after i had started drinking! :D ...& apparently was having a conversation with a dog. don't ask... that's what i was told! haha

will be posting up a report & some photos soon.

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
I just got the race results last night for both the Super D and the Downhill in a PDF format. Is there a simple way to get these on a web page in this format?

If not I will re-type results later and get it on our web site + others.