Quantcast

Downhill Bike Shops

pntballpunk51

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
clifton *CPT REPRESENT*
Anyone know of any shops that sell downhill bikes? I'm looking to try a Specialized Demo 8 to see if I should get a medium or a large. I don't want to have to travel more than an hour to try it. If anyone wants to suggest a size I'm 6'2.5" but I still want to ride both a medium and a large. Thanks!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I am curious about this one: Specialized put a 2 page ad w/poster in Decline, listing all their DH/FR dealers. They list Conte's in Virginia as a "Premier Dealer", the tops in their rating system.

My question is, are they any good?

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
If you mean the Conte's in richmond, it's a great shop, but I've never seen a Demo 8 there. There arent many other shops than the ones listed in the thread that Jayridesacove posted.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
You're best bet is to go to races and try other peoples bikes if they let you. There aren't any stores that I know of in the area that do enough DH business to justify stocking DH bikes, especially a pricey one like the D8.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Specialized lists all three Conte's as premier dealers. According to the website:

Mix of at least seven (7) different models from the following families:
Enduro
Big Hit
Demo

Mix of at least three(3) different frames from the following families:
Enduro SX
Demo 8
Demo 9
P Series

I'm curious to see if Conte's have 3 frames and 7 bikes on hand.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
The contes in Richmond definaly does not have a demo. Your best bet might be to go to snowshoe and test some of their demo-9's, not sure how the size varies between the models though.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I'm 6'3 and rode my buddy's medium D8 at the yeehaw. Get a large. The cockpit is pretty dang short on the medium.

My large Sunday, on the other hand, fits quite well :P

Sep 29, 2004
you can get a dh biek through any shop, they special ordert them bc they dont stock them in the store usually (dh bikes arent frquent daily, weekly, or maybe even monthly sells)