Quantcast

Downhill in Neuchatel?

etabs

Chimp
Jan 22, 2010
Montreal, quebec, Canada
Hey guys, next year i will be going to school in Neuchatel, Switzerland. My question is about downhill riding in Neuchatel. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with whether or not there are some downhill trails there, cause obviously i am bringing i bike with me, but i am wondering if it is worth it to bring a downhill bike as well as a road bike... Obviously i know that there are amazing places to ride in Switzerland as far a DH goes, and a downhill bike would be great to have there, but i am wondering more specifically about Neuchatel because i am attending school there so i cant just leave every weekend to go ride in Champery (for example) or other places, so i am interested in local trails... If your wondering, i did in fact do some research on the internet before this, but didn't really find much on downhill biking, so hopefully you guys can help me out!

Any info would be much appreciated! Hopefully someone knows of some DH trails over there cause i don't wanna be stuck riding my roadie for a whole year!

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Ummm, its Switzerland. Isn't the whole country within an hours drive of any other point in the country? Between the Portes du Soleil resorts you have probably the best collection of DH trails in the world.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Don't even worry about bringing the road bike! You will be in DH paradise.

There is loads of DH riding around Neuchatel. You have funiculaire (cog train on 40° tracks) shuttles out of the center of town to Chaumont. There are jump trails or natural trails. Here is my buddy Nils on some of the trails.

http://vimeo.com/19844700

Then there is all the other riding with in an hour drive. Get in touch with me and I'll point you in the right direction and introduce you to a couple riding friends in your area. I am sure you will be totally blown away by how many lift accessed spots you will have close to your new home.

Morgins is one of the many spots less than an hour away and looks like this.

Last edited:

etabs

Chimp
Jan 22, 2010
Montreal, quebec, Canada
Don't even worry about bringing the road bike! You will be in DH paradise.

There is loads of DH riding around Neuchatel. You have funiculaire (cog train on 40° tracks) shuttles out of the center of town to Chaumont. There are jump trails or natural trails. Here is my buddy Nils on some of the trails.

http://vimeo.com/19844700

Then there is all the other riding with in an hour drive. Get in touch with me and I'll point you in the right direction and introduce you to a couple riding friends in your area. I am sure you will be totally blown away by how many lift accessed spots you will have close to your new home.

Morgins is one of the many spots less than an hour away and looks like this.

That looks and sounds absolutely amazing! Thanks alot for that info, you basically said everything i was hoping to hear. The last thing i wanted was leave my downhill bike at home, and then realize the how much riding there actually was... and seeing what you just showed me would have been pretty depressing!