Quantcast

Downhill in the states

_biker4life_

Chimp
Oct 24, 2008
Hey all,

I am traveling to the states in april and will be bringing my 4x bike and buying a downhill bike over there.

I am flying into l.a. and staying with a friend there and then going to boston to stay with another friend.

Are there any mountain bike parks, chair lift access or just good riding spots around these areas? Or any places worth traveling too.

I am there for up to 2 months till the end of may.

Also what is the race scene like over there at that time of the year?

Thanks,

Adrian

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
If You are leaving the end of May, Plattekill, maybe Highland and some mountain in NJ will be the only ones open. Plattekill has a May 22nd date on the schedule.

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
Not complete. Not all races from east coast have been released but here is whats going down so far... (copy and pasted from East coast DH thread)

May 22-23- Plattekill #1
May 22-23- Canada Cup-Tremblant
May 28-30th- U.S. Open-Diablo Freeride Park
May 1st- Massanutten YEE-HA
June 12-13- Quebec Cup #1- L'Anse St Jean
June 26-27 Quebec Cup #2- Chelsea
July 3-5- Plattekill #2
July 31-1- Quebec Cup #3 Massif Du Sud
August 14-15- Quebec Cup #4- Mt St. Anne
August 21-22- Canada Cup-Bromont
August 22-23- Plattekill #3
September 11- Whiteface Super D
September 12- 5th Annual Whiteface 5 DH
September 18-19- Plattekill #4
October 9-10- Plattekill #5

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Insurance... lots of insurance that EXPLICITLY states you will be covered while competing and repatriated as soon as possible.

Jun 20, 2007
If you are in Boston for April, none of the lift accessed riding around here will be open yet. Sometime in May, Highland should open and if it is open when you are in Boston, you must go.

For some great technical freeride type trails, Lynn Woods in Lynn, MA is legendary. Only about a 15 minute drive out of Boston. There are lots of locals who would be willing to show you around if your Boston peeps don't know Lynn Woods.