Quantcast

Downhill on TV, in the US, this weekend

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
I did what NORBA couldn't do! I got mountain biking on TV.

Gene Hamilton of BetterRide has worked with the Science Channel to produce a feature on mountain biking. Shot on the trails at the Klebold ranch in western Colorado the show has exciting downhill footage and some great riding tips. This is must see TV for mountain bikers featuring professional downhill racer and coach Gene Hamilton, 5th place Red Bull Rampage finisher Lance Canfield, Chris Canfield, Mason Klebold and Ryan Cranston.

The Mountain Biking feature will air during the program Discoveries This Week, Episode 316 on The Science Channel this Friday September 23rd and Sunday September 25th.

When: September 23rd and 25th, 8:00pm and 11:00 pm EST.
Where: The Science Channel
Who: Mountain bike racers, riders and fans
Information: http://www.betterride.net (970) 261-1869
http://science.discovery.com/schedule/weekly.jsp?channel=SCI&click=sci_leftnav

About BetterRide: Gene Hamilton founded BetterRide in 1998 to provide structured, professional mtb skills coaching to cyclists of all ages and skill levels.
Gene is a licensed USA Cycling Expert Coach and has over 16 years of coaching experience including 11 years teaching mountain biking. Entering his 11th season as a pro downhill racer his career highlights include winning a Silver (2002) and a Bronze Medal (1999) at the UCI World Masters Championships.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
way to go gene!

you are making this work. good for you.

long way from living in the van!

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
bcd said:
way to go gene!

you are making this work. good for you.

long way from living in the van!
Thanks Alex, it took awhile but I am actually making a living doing what I love.

I travel so much I am still living in a van down by the river but I sold Gold Member (my old VW van) last week and bought a new Dodge Sprinter.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
mgy said:
Thanks Alex, it took awhile but I am actually making a living doing what I love.

I travel so much I am still living in a van down by the river but I sold Gold Member (my old VW van) last week and bought a new Dodge Sprinter.

ooooo, i am jealous
i can see you in it.
is it diesel?

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
bcd said:
ooooo, i am jealous
i can see you in it.
is it diesel?
Yes, it is a turbo diesel, 21 mpg at 75 mph with the ac on all the way to Snowshoe. I got the big one, 158" high roof. I'd post a photo but I can't figure out how.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
mgy said:
Yes, it is a turbo diesel, 21 mpg at 75 mph with the ac on all the way to Snowshoe. I got the big one, 158" high roof. I'd post a photo but I can't figure out how.
you need to start making some bio diesel for it!

i am getting set up, not that hard to do.

http://www.planetbiodiesel.com/

this guy is in pagosa springs.

he makes good kits and offers a clinic.

alex

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
bcd said:
you need to start making some bio diesel for it!

i am getting set up, not that hard to do.

http://www.planetbiodiesel.com/

this guy is in pagosa springs.

he makes good kits and offers a clinic.

alex
Thanks for the link, I have been very curious about biodiesel. Looks like a lot of work though and the Payback Calculator isn't working! What about using straight vegetable oil? I remember these guys driving coast to coast on used McD's fry oil.

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
Tonight and SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY! Downhillers, hucksters, bike fans! tune in to the Science Channel, channel, channel for downhilling on TV!

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Just watched it .Pretty cool to see us get some coverage, Could have been sicker (better) and longer but its a start.

Never really thought about that smile theory before though it always takes me hours to get the smile off my face :thumb: :D :D :D

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
Thanks guys, they cut a lot out but I thought they did a pretty good job. Now we all need to email the science channel (and Discovery, they sponsor Lance after all) and tell them how cool it was and that we need more mtb on TV.

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
bcd said:
on next right after the rocket bike central standard time

;) :cool:
OMG, did you see the people catching Catfish by hand in one of the last segments! That is a funny/crazy/weird redneck sport.

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
it was good but it had too much science in it, more of a traing viedo. it was on the science chanel though. but hopfuly it will open the eyes for people. Good job whoever got i on their!!!