4. Rachel Atherton (GBr) 2:49
5. Sabrina Jonnier (Fra) 2:54

Refer to Thread: Final Results

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
thaflyinfatman said:
Ahh what the crap, Havukainen in 51st, Mini Panozzo in 111th, Graves in 144th? What's goin on!?
I heard it was VERY MUDDY for the quali

damnit.. i did "hear" that the course was a JOKE though. not taking anything away from my boy greg...but i've getting tons of messages saying that it sucked balls......straight out flat peddaling from the start until you're about to puke, then it drops you into a technical section. full of man made jumps i guess. i donno. just what i'm hearing

just got this news about Scarlett Hagen though...donno any more details..

"Scarlett had the 5th fastest split, but crashed and is peeing blood...prolly not racing. It was very muddy, but the finals hope to be drier.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
DylanDeanDesign said:
I heard it was VERY MUDDY for the quali

damnit.. i did "hear" that the course was a JOKE though. not taking anything away from my boy greg...but i've getting tons of messages saying that it sucked balls......straight out flat peddaling from the start until you're about to puke, then it drops you into a technical section. full of man made jumps i guess. i donno. just what i'm hearing

correct... the top section was very flat... the man made section in the middle was an improvement but the top was lame... personally i think the area doesn t have enough vert for an event like this...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Yeah I just got back from Willingen.
The top section was a little to flat with even some parts going up. It did have some nice jumps in it but they had to pedal real hard to make m.
2nd section was pretty brutal with lots of big rocks and some nasty drops and gaps and the course ended in the 4x which was also a lot of pedaling and some some jumps and off camber gras.
My overall impression was that it was a pretty cool track but a bit too crazy sometimes ,especially in the mud. Thats from a spectators point of view ofcourse.

The 4x track was pretty awsome, it had this huge double in it witch was tried by only one guy. Poor bastid's in a hospital right now...
After qualification they only got to do a couple of heats before the starting gate got jammed or something. The UCI had 24 hours to the final but they couldnt fix it.
The women finished the race by starting without a starting gate with guys holding their bikes from behind and some guy shouting the usuall riders ready and so one.
The guys didnt even bother riding and held a race of their own skidding in the gras next to the 4x track which was pretty awsome too.
Rennie was so bored that he started skidding all the way down the field and soon it was an actual race between him, Straight, Gracia, Powell and some more with prize money donated by the spectators.
A friend of mine ( 17 years old Daniel Prijkel) got to the quarter finals riding his first world cup beating Bryn and finishing just two seconds after Prokop in his second race getting 2nd. He wasnt to happy that he couldnt finish the race and I can see why.
I think the UCI should learn an important lesson about this and get themselves a spare starting gate cause this isnt the first time the damn thing broke.

Oyeah and Parts, your a ****in maniak man, see you again soon!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
thaflyinfatman said:
Is it just me or is UCI completely and utterly going down the ****ter?
you know it leaves me wondering... this is the first WC DH round i have ever been to... i ve visited other big races, been to expos (interbike etc) in the US and europe and various other bike industry deals... sure, it had some of the razz and jingly stuff you d expect from europe, but for me the substance wasn t there... the atmosphere was decent, facilities and ammenities were there, but for me the whole thing didn t meet my expectations... i dunno if having spent over 2 years in europe has left me a little jaded with germany (in particular) or whatever the reason...

the racing was good and pretty close, but the DH track wasn t quite up to par... greg m is insane... i have a whole new level of respect from that guy... not only did he win it by 4 seconds on a very short course, but he began his run after the rain had started... if he had gone earlier then i imagine the margin would have been 6 seconds or more...

the highlight for me was meeting new crew... particularly RM madman kev from belgium... him and those blokes (steve-o et al) KNOW how to party... they remind me of my insane mates from home... definately good times.... RM sayndesyn takes the number for the biggest memory lapse ever known... picture this... beers at 12 or 1pm when we get stuck in a traffic jam from H3LL outside frankfurt... arrive - more beer then the party... far too much free redbull and vodka (thanks frank and ben at mountain bike rider mag) and sayndesyn finds himself in a hospital 25km away.. no idea how he got there... drip in his arm and without a couple of items of clothing... now he s a pretty big lad, shaved head and covered in tatts... runs out of the hospital and discovers he has no idea where he is... after walking around for an hour he discovers he is lost... finds a sign and realizes he s 25km from his last memory... begins to hitch-hike and is picked up by a german man and his couple of kids... amazing that the guy stopped for a 190lb shaved animal with a pirates flag on his gut... :) hahahaaa... i laughed my fricken ass off... 8.50 am on saturday and i vebeen up all night goin mad with the belg contingent... had what seemed like 1 million beers (jupiler :) ) sayndesyn wanders up with blood on his arm and chest, the reminants (sp?) of an IV drip and a very confused look on his face...

TEAM HOBO US & AUS...

edit - oh and the quote of the weekend goes to sayndesyn... saturday arvo, about 8 hours after his return... walking around the 4* course...

'some of these people must know something... the way they are looking at me they know'.... ROTFLMFAO... :) :thumb:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
DylanDeanDesign said:
just got this news about Scarlett Hagen though...donno any more details..

"Scarlett had the 5th fastest split, but crashed and is peeing blood...prolly not racing. It was very muddy, but the finals hope to be drier.
News I got is that Scarlett went to the hospital as a precaution and is ok.

-ska todd

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Kevin said:
Yo Parts, Im Dutch not Belgian. Do I really look that stupid? :nuts:
Nice meetin ya too mate, Ill see you again soon and next time we might even ride some bikes too. :sneaky:
sorry dude... met so many freakin people... twisted... we ll def'n hit BWB soon... crash on my sofa and we ll take the old truck...

later bro

parts

Hydraulicman

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
Belgium
Kevin said:
Yo Parts, Im Dutch not Belgian. Do I really look that stupid? :nuts:
Nice meetin ya too mate, Ill see you again soon and next time we might even ride some bikes too. :sneaky:
Yeah you look that stupid :sneaky: , I always told you, you have the stuff to make it as a good Belgian.

Come live over here, we'll take good care off you :devil:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Hydraulicman said:
Yeah you look that stupid :sneaky: , I always told you, you have the stuff to make it as a good Belgian.

Come live over here, we'll take good care off you :devil:
there ya go kev - honorary citizen :)... not a bad offer... :thumb:

check ya pms mate...

fr-rider

Monkey
Aug 14, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
partsbara said:
you know it leaves me wondering... this is the first WC DH round i have ever been to... i ve visited other big races, been to expos (interbike etc) in the US and europe and various other bike industry deals... sure, it had some of the razz and jingly stuff you d expect from europe, but for me the substance wasn t there... the atmosphere was decent, facilities and ammenities were there, but for me the whole thing didn t meet my expectations... i dunno if having spent over 2 years in europe has left me a little jaded with germany (in particular) or whatever the reason...

the racing was good and pretty close, but the DH track wasn t quite up to par... greg m is insane... i have a whole new level of respect from that guy... not only did he win it by 4 seconds on a very short course, but he began his run after the rain had started... if he had gone earlier then i imagine the margin would have been 6 seconds or more...

the highlight for me was meeting new crew... particularly RM madman kev from belgium... him and those blokes (steve-o et al) KNOW how to party... they remind me of my insane mates from home... definately good times.... RM sayndesyn takes the number for the biggest memory lapse ever known... picture this... beers at 12 or 1pm when we get stuck in a traffic jam from H3LL outside frankfurt... arrive - more beer then the party... far too much free redbull and vodka (thanks frank and ben at mountain bike rider mag) and sayndesyn finds himself in a hospital 25km away.. no idea how he got there... drip in his arm and without a couple of items of clothing... now he s a pretty big lad, shaved head and covered in tatts... runs out of the hospital and discovers he has no idea where he is... after walking around for an hour he discovers he is lost... finds a sign and realizes he s 25km from his last memory... begins to hitch-hike and is picked up by a german man and his couple of kids... amazing that the guy stopped for a 190lb shaved animal with a pirates flag on his gut... :) hahahaaa... i laughed my fricken ass off... 8.50 am on saturday and i vebeen up all night goin mad with the belg contingent... had what seemed like 1 million beers (jupiler :) ) sayndesyn wanders up with on his arm and chest, the reminants (sp?) of an IV drip and a very confused look on his face...

TEAM HOBO US & AUS...

edit - oh and the quote of the weekend goes to sayndesyn... saturday arvo, about 8 hours after his return... walking around the 4* course...

'some of these people must know something... the way they are looking at me they know'.... ROTFLMFAO... :) :thumb:
You guys are freakin ROCKSTARS :D ...seems to have been a fun nite...wish I could have been their to see it.