Quantcast

downhill racing!!

Dec 3, 2004
San Jose, CA
F'in sick race on a real downhill trail. I don't get why people bother with that Fontana bs. Next year we should just replace all Norba races with our BMR's.

Sick shots, especially the sequence of veselin eating sh*t. Thanks for comming out and shooting us.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Oouch... Bikes and riders flying all over the place! Haha...
Grassroot beer racing, love it. Digging the Volvo too.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Nice pictures. Did everyone make it out of there ok? haha

x2 on the **** poison oak comment. I got some on my arm from the last cccx race. Ugh.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Digging the black Volvo too. ^

This is just so much fun... is that foot injured (guy with pump^) from this race or another race in the same format?

You guys got soul, pure roots. Respect.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Thanks. Yep. I had one while running down the trail after the race.

This is just so much fun... is that foot injured (guy with pump^) from this race or another race in the same format?

That guy is Leland, the guy in the first pic.

Dec 3, 2004
San Jose, CA

He injured his foot getting off his bike at sea otter and stepping into a hole... i mean when he dropped that 100 ft cliff... ;).

Yeah, leelands truck is from the 80's, gets around 30mpg, and has seen more abuse than a 50 year old hooker.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
He injured his foot getting off his bike at sea otter and stepping into a hole... i mean when he dropped that 100 ft cliff... ;).

Yeah, leelands truck is from the 80's, gets around 30mpg, and has seen more abuse than a 50 year old hooker.
This is too much fun... I can`t handly it. :cheers:

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
i got a thing for small pick up trucks.
Of course you do! Anybody who's spent any greater amount of time in a developing country has a thing for those old 60s/70's/early 80's pickup trucks. :pirate2:

During my childhood summers spent in Greece I used to see those trucks overloaded beyond stupidity. The amount of watermellons or mixed fruites they carried was quite impressive. Only thing missing was the blocks of magnesium below the rear bumper spraying out sparks.. :D

But the gypsies wore the coolest.. Maaaaan, those gypsies loaded up those pickups with outdoor furniture that made the watermellon drivers envy them for the amount of **** they could get on those small veichles. Plastic chairs, tables, God...

Things stood up sky high and was hangin behind and on the sides of the cars in drifts. Imagine the biggest MF afro you've seen, but made out of cheap plastic outdoor furniture and a huge variatiy of house hold shiz, anything you could possibly ever need at your summer house, placed on a small truck. :banana: :banana: :banana:
I was also amazed how they they managed to hold that load together without dropping any of it.

I come to think of another recent thread with a video from a race in Brazil that RaphaelDH posted. Watching it I though, wOw, that looks just like my kind of track; fast, flowy, something I can take my HT to and have really fun on. But this **** you're doing..

Watching the photographer in the background is quite teling of the event, he's like: Wow, this is some good action pictures! Oops, better move before I get him over me.. Man, he's in for some good tumbles. Ooh noo, this could be bad... Foooook me, I better help him! He's foked. :D :D

And after the race when everybody's chatting, all that the poor guy is thinking of is that he's going to be of the sadle for half a year...

You guys sure good some good thing going there. :thumb:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
Of course you do! Anybody who's spent any greater amount of time in a developing country has a thing for those old 60s/70's/early 80's pickup trucks. :pirate2:
also coz i drive one too. :monkeydance:

it a ford courier diesel, gets a whole 9mpg when i am at home. although that includes daily trips up a 2700 ft hill. but small pick ups are where its at!!

would love to build up an old mazda b1500/1600.

you should see what they do with pick ups in thailand. who needs lorrys.