Quantcast

Downhill Trails

sleepygreen

Chimp
Jan 23, 2006
Im getting into downhill now. ive lived around here my whole life, and have ridden a fair amount of cross country, but am looking to find some good downhill trails. i made a post on forums.mtbr.com in the washington section, and they said that you guys here knew a littl e more about the dh scene. i am familiar with the seatac park, ive ridden it a few times, but im really into the longer, technical, fast stuff like runs at sun peaks and whistler. now, i know that theres not going to be anything like that around here, at least not that long, but can i find any trails like that around here.

basically, im asking for any trails around here. i have read that bikings illegal in this state? what? so im going to have to ask, and most ppl wont say on the web. im also going to write snoqualmie a letter to open their lift again. and what about crystal, do they have anything? if you dh, please let me know.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
trail #30 in cap forest is a good trail for a big bike. Its not full of hucks and drops, but is flowy, and can be really rough and loose. Most people hate Cap, but they dont know the real goodness. We were up working there yesterday making the trails better too for ripping once my big bike is built. Sundays there is a 9am 5 dollar shuttle, and we will probably start doing more shuttles ourselves instead of riding in the van.

I also heard from a friend yesterday that the thurston Co ORV park is intrested in doing some stuff for DH bikes, maybe making DS/4X stuff too. Im going to start going to their meetings next month to find out what it would take... really could be a good oportunity since all the other favorite DH areas are closing down, or are too secret for anyone to share....

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Please let me know what they have to say about letting us ride there at the meetings you attend. I live to far north or I would go myself. I would really like to see some local 4x action. I would be willing to hep in this effort any way I can (i.e. writing to groups such as the imba, or the ORV park). From what I can tell if appears that the park may close. With the support of the biking population it may be able to remain open and if not as an ORV park, then maybe as a bike park.

Cheers

Jun 18, 2004
sleepygreen said:
Im getting into downhill now. ive lived around here my whole life, ... am looking to find some good downhill trails. i made a post on forums.mtbr.com in the washington section...
since there are no sanctioned trails it can be a hard thing to get to know the freeride trails around here... this creates the situation of not publicly posting about the trails on RM and people often wanting to keep it on the down low about what's out there... I've found that if your willing to help build or maintain, offer truck shuttles, or bring a liquid refreshment or two these types of things can get you in the know about what's out there... that's the best way I've found... you can find info about what's out there on the net but it's best to be invited and have others to ride with...