Quantcast

Downhill Worldcup #1: Fort William, Scotland

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Fort William, Scotland- Troy Brosnan rode to a 12th place today at the first downhill world cup of 2013 while team mate Aaron Gwin finished 20th.</p><p>
</p><p>
The sunniest Scottish World Cup weekend in recent memory brought extremely slippery conditions, as the track dried into a talc like dust, sprinkled liberally with gravel. Added to the legendarily tough conditions here, many riders were struggling to find where traction ended and crashing began. Running 2.5" Butcher tires, both Specialized riders went all weekend without a flat or any other mechanical incidents and managed to keep it on 2 wheels in their races runs.</p><p>
Brosnan had this to say after his run: "My run was pretty solid. I backed it down at the top and wanted to get through it safe and get into the woods and let it hang out. I had a big moment going into them and had to stand myself back up. After that I let it loose and had a bit of fun with it. I was stoked to come across the line in 4th and end up 12th on the day. It's given me confidence for next weekend. I want to do well in Italy, and it'll be gravity fed and easier to go fast. I still have my shoulder strapped for security, but it's been awhile since Ive been at a proper world cup. I'm finally back and have the nervous race out of the way."</p><p>
</p><p>
Gwin wasn't overly pleased with his run but had this to say following the event. " The weekend overall was good, I learned a lot. I've got some work to do, but I'm excited for the challenge and i'm certainly not lacking any motivation"</p><p>
</p><p>
Both riders now head to Va Di Sole, Italy for the second round of the Downhill World Cup.</p>

More...