Quantcast

Downhillers in Boston?

Nov 8, 2004
Long Island
So after being on a two year hiatus from downhilling, I've finally picked the sport back up again. All I have to say is that I want to ride more now then ever before. There is an issue, however, I'm going into my second year at Boston College and although there is a collegiate cycling team, the six races or so that makes up the season will definitely not suffice. So, ultimately, I was wondering who here lives in Boston that would be willing to show me around the 'local' mountains, as well local jump spots, etc. When it comes to trips, I'm more than willing to chip in for gas or any other expense that could be incurred since transportation is definitely not in my favor until I decide to spend some time to find a car to bring up to school. I'm heading up to Boston at the end of the month and after my roommates and I finish settling into our apartment, I'm sure I'll be itching for a ride. So essentially, for anyone looking to divide the cost of gas, let me know. Thanks.

.Eric

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey dude
I'm happy to provide rides if you want to check some places out. I'm not the fastest on the mountain, but I have some fun. I live in South Boston and drive a wagon so I can generally fit most stuff in...but i may have to get a rack soon. Anyways, I don't mind bringing you up to highland or out to plattekill at times. Depending on room in the car, we can go this weekend if you want.