Quantcast

Downhillzone in Seattle

Jun 18, 2004
Fedex is non-unioun. I can't say that I've been that happy with UPS but at least they are organized... I'm a union supporter.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Maybe thats the problem with UPS, lazy employees that can;t get fired if they tried becuase they got seniority (cough, certified drunk, cough)....:sneaky:
Str8OutaBallard said:
Fedex is non-unioun. I can't say that I've been that happy with UPS but at least they are organized... I'm a union supporter.

Certified Drunk

SVT-Lightning
Feb 17, 2002
Zippy's Burgers
trailhacker said:
Maybe thats the problem with UPS, lazy employees that can;t get fired if they tried becuase they got seniority (cough, certified drunk, cough)....:sneaky:
No, the problem is people are STUPID! If you were to pack your crap properly your crap wouldn't get broken! PERIOD.

BTW Mtbike got $1200.00 for a frame that was worth less than $200.00 Come on his whole bike wasn't worth $1200.00 It was a 1997 super 8 frame that got damaged.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Certified Drunk said:
No, the problem is people are STUPID! If you were to pack your crap properly your crap wouldn't get broken! PERIOD.

]
I was gonna let it die, but since someone else resurrected it...

So tell me again....(based on your logic above) WHO was it exactly that packed the doomed bike?

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
stinsonblvd said:
...lets not forget who packed the box in the first place!
Ya, in case no one read the other 86 posts in this thread.

...sorry, after reading all these posts, I felt I had right, no, an obligation to contribute.

Let's make this the longest rant in Ridemonkey history!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Big B said:
Ya, in case no one read the other 86 posts in this thread.

...sorry, after reading all these posts, I felt I had right, no, an obligation to contribute.

Let's make this the longest rant in Ridemonkey history!

It's gonna take more than a measely 6 pages......

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
I'm amazed at how fast some people respond to these.

I wonder how many people leave RM up on their desktops at work just waiting for a new post to read or reply to.

I know I do if I'm not busy.

BoomSplat

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
maplevalley
tHE DHZ DARREN IS A "MAN OF HIS WORD" YEAH RIGHT, TO HIM IT IS ALL ABOUT MAKING A HUGE PROFIT. MY ADVICE IS TO STAY AWAY FROM DHZ, THE OTHER GUYS WORK THERE ARE COOL, EVEN A COUPLE OF THEM TALK SMACK ABOUT. I KNOW THIS BECUSE I GOT SCREWED BY HIM. MORE THEN ONCE. GO TO BIKEWORKS

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
stinsonblvd said:
Thanks MMike, and thanks to mtbike to open this can of worms that needed to be opened...
Well I think this can of worms has been opened a few times. Darren has his way of doing things. Not everyone agrees with it. Some people take it "to the streets"....then Darren gets mad at the internet for broadcasting slanderous things. (to me the solution seems simple, but again, I'm just a jerk). But hey. DHZ has been in business for a while now, so he must be doing something right...lord knows what it is. But something.

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
Squirrel,

If your so tired of the thread, stop replying. Your the only one who seems to have a problem with the thread.

Isn't it fall, shouldn't you be pounding acorns up your a s s or something?

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Certified Drunk said:

I don't know if I totally agree with that.
A couple of years ago I ordered a new bass guitar from an online dealer. It was the last one they had, and they don't make them any more. The day UPS delivered it, my wife was indesposed when he knocked at the door. She quickly hurried to the window to look out and check who it was. She say the guy DRAGGING the box containing my bass down our concrete steps and down the walkway back toward the truck. She ran out and caught the guy. He drug the thing around so much that he wore a freakin hole in the box. It wore through so much that a corner of my bass was actually dragging the ground. She even had to pick up a couple of small pieces that had broken off of a corner of the body.
When I complained to UPS, they said it was improperly packaged, which is why it got damaged. Doesn't make a lot of sence to me. Poor packaging or not (I don't think it was too bad, there was a ton of packing paper in there), I think it was the fact the guy was dragging it down setps and across pavement that did it.
Im' not saying that all UPS employees are like that, but they are not all angels.

Anyway, sounds like this Mtbike got screwed by UPS twice, and by DHZ to boot. Do you need a smoke now?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
He did it on purpose because he knew what kind of music you were going to play with it.......

Talkingmonkey said:
I don't know if I totally agree with that.
A couple of years ago I ordered a new bass guitar from an online dealer. It was the last one they had, and they don't make them any more. The day UPS delivered it, my wife was indesposed when he knocked at the door. She quickly hurried to the window to look out and check who it was. She say the guy DRAGGING the box containing my bass down our concrete steps and down the walkway back toward the truck. She ran out and caught the guy. He drug the thing around so much that he wore a freakin hole in the box. It wore through so much that a corner of my bass was actually dragging the ground. She even had to pick up a couple of small pieces that had broken off of a corner of the body.
When I complained to UPS, they said it was improperly packaged, which is why it got damaged. Doesn't make a lot of sence to me. Poor packaging or not (I don't think it was too bad, there was a ton of packing paper in there), I think it was the fact the guy was dragging it down setps and across pavement that did it.
Im' not saying that all UPS employees are like that, but they are not all angels.

Anyway, sounds like this Mtbike got screwed by UPS twice, and by DHZ to boot. Do you need a smoke now?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Mtbike said:
Squirrel,

If your so tired of the thread, stop replying. Your the only one who seems to have a problem with the thread.

Isn't it fall, shouldn't you be pounding acorns up your a s s or something?
Wow...cynical, sarcastic, and literate....Man, you just completed the trifecta....

It sucks that you got the service that you did, no doubt. I'm a constant customer of theirs for years now, and I like Darren. I haven't had a problem with them, ever...So if that makes me an ass-nut packing squirrel, I guess you'd know...Whatever...Go on with your rant thread about something you can't do anything about...I'll be in the forest riding my Mtbike nice and hard with the squirrels...

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
Secret Squirrel said:
Wow...cynical, sarcastic, and literate....Man, you just completed the trifecta....

It sucks that you got the service that you did, no doubt. I'm a constant customer of theirs for years now, and I like Darren. I haven't had a problem with them, ever...So if that makes me an ass-nut packing squirrel, I guess you'd know...Whatever...Go on with your rant thread about something you can't do anything about...I'll be in the forest riding my Mtbike nice and hard with the squirrels...
I figured you were a DHZ fan. And there is something I can do. I can continue to tell people not to shop at DHZ. I can continue to tell people my story of the level of service I recieved from Darren.

I hope you continue to get your special service from Darren...wink, wink....and you two have fun out in the woods togehter doing.....Whatever.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Talkingmonkey said:
You're kindof a Peckerwood.
Maybe you could start a DHZ where you live?
That's a great idea!! Why not? Darren was born here...I must have it in me somewhere... Let's see...

"I'm better than you! I'm doing you a HUGE favour by taking your money! How DARE you do research before you walk into my store??? What I say is GOSPEL! See that? See how I inflated that tire? No-one could have done that. I am a golden god!...and stop calling me "plow boy!"

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
So now the real question: What's worse, UPS or DHZ?

And I'm working on a punchline to my DHZ/screwing in a lightbulb joke... Progress is slow right now.....but I'll think of something...Oh yes... I'll think of something....

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Just to put in a good word for DHZ. I bought the wrong 12mmTA and they sent me another in exchange. Free of charge, no hassle.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
ioscope said:
Just to put in a good word for DHZ. I bought the wrong 12mmTA and they sent me another in exchange. Free of charge, no hassle.
Ah...but what did they DO to it before they sent it to you? I bet it touched "body parts" before they boxed it up...ewwwwww...

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Summary of what's been posted:

-Mtbike felt as if he was screwed by a shop. :nopity:

-MMike started posting. :oink:

-benbmx used bold font. :nope:

-A whole bunch of crap was posted, especially by odiwik. You sly devil, you... :eviltongu

-MMike refrained from using the word insert. :stosh:

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
MMike said:
Notice I refrained from using the word "insert" in my previous post. That would have been unpleasant.
Perhaps you just needed a different word.

Here. This is from the Merriam-Webster Online Thesaurus.
I preferr the ones in bold, but you can choose whatever you want.

One entry found for insert.

Entry Word: insert
Function: verb
Text: to put among or between others <inserted a book in its proper place on the shelf>
Synonyms fit (in or into), inject, insinuate, interject, interpolate, interpose, introduce
Related Words inlay, inset, install, weave, work (in); cram, sandwich, shove, thrust, wedge; add, append, attach
Near Antonyms eject, eliminate, exclude, expel, extract, withdraw; deduct, detach, subtract; reject

BoomSplat

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
maplevalley
:) :) :) :) yep, so i guess i was n't the only one who got screwed, i never said anything because, the dhz have all their friends at their little tent site. But i'll tell ya, I will never go to that whole in the university place again. BIKEWORKS ALL THE WAY< LAKE STEVENS

stinsonblvd

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Seattle
DHZ...............................Bad/Expensive
GHY...............................Good
Bikeworks......................Good
Supergo.........................Poor Service
Any thoughts?