Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stinsonblvd said:
DHZ...............................Bad/Expensive
GHY...............................Good
Bikeworks......................Good
Supergo.........................Poor Service
Any thoughts?
i've had nothing but good experiences with supergo.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Great experiences at Supergo, Performance and Gregg's. However, they don't have the knowledge or parts for freeriding or downhill specific bikes. So I get most of my parts online.

Supergo and Performance have had the best prices by far, and will usually work with you if you try to match internet pricing.

I found the DHZ to be way to expensive for me. But then again, I do all my own wrenching, so everything in shops seems overpriced. If I need to go to a shop, I just look for the one that is the least over-priced.

I put my Knolly together with parts from Supergo, Greggs in Greenlake, Bikeworks, Center Cycle, Bicycles West, Pricepoint.com, Jensonusa.com, and a shady character in a Costco parking lot. I just look for the best price first and then availability.

I've found that only person I can really trust with my stuff is me. Nobody is going to care more about my bike or how it is maintained than I do.

Big B said:
I've found that only person I can really trust with my stuff is me. Nobody is going to care more about my bike or how it is maintained than I do.
I also do all of my own work and I shop at Supergo for price only as no one there has every really made me feel confident about their knowledge. I went with one of their mechanic's recommendations for after market brake pads (they didn't have Hayes pads in stock) and they sucked. Other than that I love Supergo. I also like to support my LBS which is Center Cycle. They're the only shop that I trust to work on my bikes. I'd like to buy everything at Center Cycle, but I just can't afford to. I used to shop a little bit a other shops, but my experience with Center Cycle was so good even before I bought a bike there, that now they get all of my local business.

Jun 18, 2004
DHZ...............................Good/Expensive (as in you get what you pay for)
GHY...............................Need to get there
Bikeworks......................Never Been there
Supergo.........................I feel like I'm at Walmart
Unreal Cycles.................My favorite

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
I picked up my E13 DRS at Center Cycle. It was $20 more than most places online and had the wrong size bash ring, but I was impatient and wanted one NOW!

They have a bazillion bikes in there. What's up with the 50 foot ceilings!? The bikes are hanging so far up in the stratosphere, they look like the little toys you get in Happy Meals.

Unfortunately that's the problem with an LBS. They don't have the buying power of the online retailers and so they're always more expensive. Whenever they're reasonably close considering that, I'd rather buy components at Center Cycle since I can get it now and I feel they've earned my business. I've found the service and help at Center Cycle second to none. I don't mind paying a little more if I get excellent service in return. Just as an example, when my girlfriend and I bought our bikes, we couldnt' get them home because the wouldn't fit on her rack. Dave, the owner, actually delivered them to us. That was after staying late so that he could cut down the seat posts and make a few adjustments for us. As for the high ceiling, that was done so that they can add a 2nd floor down the road.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
okay so i havent been on ridemonkey in loike 6 months so i just joined this little convo and i would like to say that DHZ can suck my balls i hate that shop they are so lazy and the guys can be real jerks. well thats my 2 cents

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
This thread is pretty funny...sort of. I would like a refund for the time it took for me to read in circles (which is basically what this thread is about) for the last hour.

As far as the shop in question. I neither love nor hate them. It's all about tolerance. I know of better shops and I also know of worse. THE SHOP I WORK AT does a decent job with shipping bikes.

Carry on.

;)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Mtbike said:
DBR,

The SST Flowpark site is pretty vool. Just one question. How come the video clips are so small?
Thanks!
I know on some browsers it only shows about 1/4 of the actual screen. Not sure what that's all about.
If you're referring to the size of the videos, that's 'cuz I just put the raw clips onto the site as-is. One of these days, I'll be running a REAL computer and will be able to make an acual video of the stuff.
As I prefer to sink my hard-earned $$ into my bikes, the comp will have to wait.:monkey:

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Now that the holiday shopping season is upon us remember "BOYCOTT DOWNHILLZONE"

Thanks for your cooperation and have a wonderful day:)

Certified Drunk

SVT-Lightning
Feb 17, 2002
Zippy's Burgers
Lets see you got $1200 dollars for a frame worth $200 Than you piss off Darren at the DHZ and he sends your POS bike back in box.
Why are you so pissed off? Take your $1000 dollars you were OVER PAID by UPS and fix it!
BTW I work at UPS and know the Insurance adjusters would like to hear about this.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hmm maybe Mtbike's "freind" could and should have packed up the parts?

Mtbike your complaint grows weary and weak as you bump this thread, simply because it grows more apparent that you have no life. i feel your pain man, if i lived in Indiana i'd probably want to kill myself too. Why would you even want a downhill bike where there is no downhill?

There are too many threads on this forum that are too bitchy about small stuff. Maybe it's time some moderators started doing something about people who don't even live in the area posting nothing of value, but to bitch about crap.

i mean Mtbike you had your say, but your choice to continue to complain about it is pretty pathetic, as is Mmikes agenda to foil local racers because they never warmed up to him in person.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Mtbike your complaint grows weary and weak as you bump this thread, simply because it grows more apparent that you have no life. i feel your pain man, if i lived in Indiana i'd probably want to kill myself too. Why would you even want a downhill bike where there is no downhill?
BWAHHH!:) Thanks for the laugh Skooks:cool:

I'm with CD, get over it already. I don't agree with Darren's customer service skills, so I just don't go there. Big deal...move on and get a life:rolleyes:

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
Skookum said:
Hmm maybe Mtbike's "freind" could and should have packed up the parts?

There are too many threads on this forum that are too bitchy about small stuff. Maybe it's time some moderators started doing something about people who don't even live in the area posting nothing of value, but to bitch about crap.

i mean Mtbike you had your say, but your choice to continue to complain about it is pretty pathetic, as is Mmikes agenda to foil local racers because they never warmed up to him in person.
Go hang yourself with your stupid pony tail......Long live the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
i think their specialized shop is very cool, the workers/staff/owners are very decent in my experience. laid back, friendly, helpful & have the good shyt you need.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Likewise, in my limited experience they are alright. Friendly, no locals only attitude (like many shops I go into for big bike gear), mosty have what you are looking for or can get it for you. But I wouldn't pay someone else to do my dirty work for me, so probably wouldn't have the same problem.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Not that I have any business posting in this thread and yes, it has gone on way too long....

But I did find some humor yesterday while watching the Hawks game (go Hawks!!) and there was a UPS commercial...."WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU!!" Kind of ironic.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
riverside73 said:
But I did find some humor yesterday while watching the Hawks game (go Hawks!!) and there was a UPS commercial...."WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU!!" Kind of ironic.
God wasn't that game a killer!:dead: I almost have 3 heatattacks durning the OT.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i couldn't believe that the guy missed three frikkin times. i'm gonna be stoked to go to the X-mas eve game.
Dude, I'm sure I already told ya but we are going too!:cool: I ended up getting 4 tickets so my parents can come with....god I hope it's not raining:mad:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Skooks and Snacks-
Skookum said:
i couldn't believe that the guy missed three frikkin times. i'm gonna be stoked to go to the X-mas eve game.
If you do go to the game, buy a program; all proceeds will go to my charity. I will be there too with some antlers on my head running around with lots of money and looking like a dork.

(RM, dunno if this is SPAM or not, feel free to delete it if it is)

Jun 18, 2004
Mtbike said:
most stopped paying attention to you awhile ago
thanks allot A$$Jack... your a regular message-board 'Flamer'...(if you even know what that means... ie I'm not calling you a homo)...