Quantcast

Downieville questions

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Been trying to call Yuba Expeditions for the last two days so I can make a shuttle reservation for Thursday, but they're not answering their phone and they haven't called me back (I left two messages). So... if for some reason I am unable to make a reservation, 1) will I be able to just walk in on Thurs morning and pay them and have them shuttle my friends and me? or 2) is it at all possible and/or plausible to shuttle the Packer's Saddle trail by ourselves? We'll have several cars, but I'm worried that it'll end up being a crazy amount of driving.

Any and all tips, suggestions, and advice are welcome, as my friends and I are all Downieville virgins.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's odd. Loren and I were just there and I called them Friday and got Kirsten on the first ring.

I think there is lull before labor day. Just keep calling.

But you can drive yourselves no prob.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah keep calling. You can shuttle yourself pretty easily, you just need someone willing to drive down, or two people willing to drive back up. You can make it more interesting by spending some time at Packer Lake, not too far from Packer Saddle. Also, if you miss an early shuttle but find openings later in the day, you can also use Yuba to drive you back to your car.

Just don't forget your keys. Not that that has ever happened... :biggrin:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Just booked a shuttle with Downieville Outfitters. Wanted to go with Yuba Expeditions, but if they don't answer their phone, it makes it hard to take reservations from gapers like me.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Good for you Ben. When I am digging trail with the Yuba guys this fall, I'll think about your sacrifice.