Quantcast

Downieville Report 6/20

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
After a fun ride at South Lake Tahoe's Chinese Downhill (which I rode in protest, due to the other, less PC, nickname), I drove over to Downieville for a busy Monday.

During morning I rode up to Third Divide and returned the same way. Perfect conditions for a 2.3-2.5 kevlar tire.

In the afternoon, I shuttled up to Packer Saddle. There is some snow up there, but it is quickly melting. I did slide off one road section, but I take the blame. I advise a front fender unless you want a mud bath in the face.

Also, I have to give shout-outs to Yuba for sending their people to shovel snow at Packer, and to WTB, which is holding the greatest sales meeting ever in Downieville right now. All the people I met were great, including Mr. Mark Weir, an extremely funny, chatty, and genuine person. Also I hope Tiffany got out for a nice ride.

Finally, I saw some of the new Blur LT's and a few Nomads. Super hot bikes, and I take back what I have been saying about the Nomad. It will be a huge winner I think.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Tattooo said:
Does the shuttle run during the week?
Yes, but only two or three times instead of the hourly schedule on the weekends. They usually take off Mondays or Tuesdays, but I went up Monday and the phone was off the hook.

I would recommend booking a reservation, and I recommend Yuba Expeditions: 530.289.3010. They know Packer Saddle the best and the most fun you can have driving a van up and down.