Quantcast

downtube.com suckin it heavy.

Flakey Jake

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Chico
Yo guys,

On oct. 5th I ordered a fork from downtube.com. When I ordered it said I would recieve my shipment within 2 to 5 business days. I was not given any sort of tracking number but was sent an email confirming the order. After about a week I sent an email to downtube requesting a tracking number and the owner of the business replied to tell me that he was at interbike and my shipment would be late. I had no problem with that as I am a pretty patient guy. So I wait about 2 more weeks and the website never says anything more than my order is "pending." So i send downtube another email and I don't get any reply. I wait a while longer, send some more emails, try to contact them through their "contact page" on their website and still no reply. Their contact page does not offer a phone number or any sort of address. So I check the dns info on downtube.com and get the following info:

downtube.com
Lyansky,Lan (he is the owner who emailed me once)
1509 Barnswallow Dr.
Bensalem, Penn. 19020
215-245-8933
yan@math.temple.edu

I tried calling the number and I got a fax machine.

It has been almost a month now and the company hasn't charged me for anything yet and the website just says my order is "pending." I just sent the owner a brief email asking them to cancel the order and not charge my card. I'm not even sure he is reading my emails at all and hopefully they don't decide to process my order in the near future.

I realize I'm not being ripped off, but this is just poor business practice and a big waste of my time. I recomend you other monkeys stay away and do business with reputable people.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
HAHA!

HELP WANTED: We are looking for a part-time sales assistant to process orders for the Downtube Bicycle Resource Center and Bike1.com Motorcycle Resource Center. The proper candidate will be a biker (cyclist or motorcyclist), enthusiastic, hardworking, and familiar with using the internet. This position is located in Bensalem, PA. If you are interested send an e-mail to downtube@downtube.com. We are looking to fill this position right away!

sorry dude, its cus they dont have any one to process your order. just ask ur credit card comapny to block all charges from them.