Quantcast

Dragboat Races: What redneck pics do you want to see...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I'm working security for the Boat Drags tomorrow (ie: walk/ride around the event making sure the attendees don't get too rowdy when the freedomizing drag boats fly by). I snagged a bunch of mullet pics last year to fulfill my need for stereotyping. so this year, i ask my monkey friends: What type of stereotypical redneck pics do you want me to try and get this year?

some of the good ones last year were rebel flag tattoos, missing teeth, backyard/prison tatts, various types of flag clothing...

so, any suggestions? :D

yeah...kind of late notice, i know.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
What lake are you working ?
oak hollow

http://www.highpointjaycees.org/index.php/oak-hollow-boat-drags

hilarious vid at the bottom of the page showing what it's like. listen to the crowd on the first one. standing in the crowd, i could hear people yelling things like, "yeah! that's the sound of freedom!" :rofl: :rofl:

the horsepower coming out of these boats is pretty impressive but they're so volatile and skittish that less than half of the boats actually make it to the first marker. the crowd that comes to these events keep my laughing for a while ;)

Last edited:

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Some tailgate/camping party set-ups, like the kiddie pools filled with beer and engine block BBQ's. Golf carts and redneck ice-chest wagons, Daisy Dukes (women preferably)

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Sleeveless flannel shirt w/mullet. Tattoo of the American flag always helps

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Rat tail kids and the mullets who love them.

We had a blast at Boatnik this year. Not sure if the boats or the crowd was more entertaining. Drag boats on the river was bad ass.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i don't have the usb cable for my camera with me but so far i've gotten a chubby chick with fake boobs in a leopard skin bikini, a truck with an american and confederate NC flag flying in the bed, a dude in jean shorts with bright pink sunburnt legs, dude in wheelchair with a cast on arm and leg with childs face tattoo on his shoulder.....and i'm trying to track down the dude i saw with a permed mullet.

i'll upload the pics tonight or tomorrow ;)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
ok, here we go...
I have to aplogize for the quality of the pics. i had to shoot from the hip to keep from being complained on...i mean, a cop taking random pics of people in a crowd doesn't sit too well with everyone. it was also hot as hell, heat index over 110 and people were falling out right and left.
enjoy!

Fat chick in leopard skin bikini (he bf caught me snapping this pic and asked if i wanted to have my pic taken with her. i think he thought that i thought she was hot :rofl: )

my buddy pointing out the burned calves with jean shorts

stereotype fulfilled!

rebel flat tatt

can't go wrong with a scorpion tatt

D-bag twins (these guys had nearly identical tatts on their necks and chest)

gotta have a body paint chick

typical towel shirt

pit crew member

17 and pregnant with a corona bathing suit (she had to sit in the EMS shelter when she overheated)

this man will freedomize you!!!

permed mullet or really curly hair?

not sure what this was :eek:

skullet!

and the winner is....
nipple piercings AND belly button pierced! :rofl:

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
hilarious vid at the bottom of the page showing what it's like. listen to the crowd on the first one. standing in the crowd, i could hear people yelling things like, "yeah! that's the sound of freedom!" :rofl: :rofl:
And those boats consume a lot of gas. Gas comes from oil. Oil comes from the middle east (and apparently the gulf of mexico where it kills our economy.)

Yeah, freedom.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I need to hand out some rep today and get back to you on this one. Damn, so many awesome pics. I would have sworn you were in Grants Pass.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i'm upset because i never got a pic of the skinny girl in pink bikini with 8" CAMO HUNTING BOOTS on :rofl:

she was right at the lakes edge and i felt it would be too creepy for me to walk right up to her and snap a pic ;)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i'm upset because i never got a pic of the skinny girl in pink bikini with 8" CAMO HUNTING BOOTS on :rofl:

she was right at the lakes edge and i felt it would be too creepy for me to walk right up to her and snap a pic ;)
The great white buffalo.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Next time just tell her you're the Facebook Police and here on official business.

Switching out your standard issue hand cuffs for some pink furry ones wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Just get yourself a camera with a real good zoom. I bought a Panasonic Lumix ZS6 for my last trip. Caught this from 100'+ in Prague:

Then you can be a creep from a distance.

Last edited: