Quantcast

Dramatic Death at work today, just like the movies.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
So this guy at work who is about 5 foot 5 300lbs. is walking on the 6th floor along the atrium today and yells out "Call 911 I'm having a heart attack!" He then falls forward into the rail which gives way under the weight falling 6 stories and smashes into a marble table which breaks into pieces and then he hits the floor in a pool of blood.

They sent out a email about 2 hours later saying he was in the hospital and getting emergency treatment.

I can't see someone surviving that kind of fall on top of a heart attack.

Counselors are now coming around and talking to everyone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The pool of blood must have broken his fall. I would refuse to work in a place that had a blood pool though, even if it could save my life if I fell through a railing.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
One morbidly obese American down, millions to go.......J/K ;) Its tragic really

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
The pool of blood must have broken his fall. I would refuse to work in a place that had a blood pool though, even if it could save my life if I fell through a railing.
They *must've* had a blood fountain, too. "Cause you know how quickly blood coagulates. :dead:

-S.S.-

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
DRB said:
Emergency treatment for death?
Those EMT's are miracle workers, I say!

How evil, though, for anyone to witness. As if the heart attack would not be bad enough, 300# hitting marble from 60' is going to be messy. Remind me not to lean into any ornate atrium-overlooking railings! :eek:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
Man...y'all're callous...I think its horrible. Poor guy...too bad he wasn't as perfect as the rest of y'all.
It's actually a shame he didn't take at least a few steps in preventing heart disease..........

And he should be ashamed for putting all those people through that kind of trauma. If he survives, he's gonna owe them all a big apology.

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
It's actually a shame he didn't take at least a few steps in preventing heart disease..........

And he should be ashamed for putting all those people through that kind of trauma. If he survives, he's gonna owe them all a big apology.

-S.S.-
Yes it is a shame he didn't take steps to prevent the heart disease. It's still not funny he died like that...and subjected everyone else to seeing it...but still...it's not funny...its sad.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
SkaredShtles said:

-S.S.-
I thought the callous comment was regarding you placing the blame on chicken fried steak. That stuff is delicious.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
dh girlie said:
Man...y'all're callous...I think its horrible. Poor guy...too bad he wasn't as perfect as the rest of y'all.
Who stole DH girlie's password and is posting under her name? :think:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
Yes it is a shame he didn't take steps to prevent the heart disease. It's still not funny he died like that...and subjected everyone else to seeing it...but still...it's not funny...its sad.
What's so sad about death? It may have been sad for his family, but they should've seen this coming. And for everyone else it may be traumatic, but I can't see how it would be *sad* for them. :confused:

-S.S.-

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
That sucks for him and his family. I've never heard of anybody surviving a fall like that, plus the heart attack. If he does make he'll probably end up like that Terry Shivo lady, all vegtablized with feeding tubes and sh!te, then "THE MAN" will step in and talk about it on the news for weeks, like they've known him his entire life, but actually don't have a clue who the f*** he is, and then blah blah blah a few weeks later he'll die and it'll all be forgotton.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
johnbryanpeters said:
Death is inevitable. It's not special, it just happens, sooner or later. I can think of worse ways to go out, congestive heart failure, cancer, whatever.

Joking's a legitimate way to deal with it.
Sure he coulda gone out in some other way that he did not contribute to...I try remind myself everytime I'm bitching about doing blood tests and taking shots of how lucky I am to have a controllable disease rather than something like cancer...

as for joking about it...yeah...I'm sure his family is probably yucking it up right now. And we were all so close to this person that we need to support one another and joke about it. :rolleyes:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
BUCKET said:
That sucks for him and his family. I've never heard of anybody surviving a fall like that, plus the heart attack. If he does make he'll probably end up like that Terry Shivo lady, all vegtablized with feeding tubes and sh!te, then "THE MAN" will step in and talk about it on the news for weeks, like they've known him his entire life, but actually don't have a clue who the f*** he is, and then blah blah blah a few weeks later he'll die and it'll all be forgotton.
Oh come on...he doesn't deserve to live amongst all of us perfect people...he had a weakness! He was fat! :rolleyes:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
This thread would be alot different if the poster had not mentioned that the guy was 5'5 300 pounds. There would be alot more "Oh, that's horrible, I feel your pain" stuff you guys always say. But because he was built like humpty dumpty, it is more acceptable that this guy fell 6 stories to his death?
You see this type of behavior all the time in public. Next time you see a big blob walk into a restaurant, look around at the other people's faces. You will see a bunch of looks of disgust. It's sad but true. Most of them have physical problems, and alot of them have mental problems, but it is not looked at the same as other health problems or illnesses. Just disgust.
I try hard myself not to judge them especially when I don't know them, but they do seem to be mutiplying at a rapid rate these days.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Jeremy R said:
This thread would be alot different if the poster had not mentioned that the guy was 5'5 300 pounds. There would be alot more "Oh, that's horrible, I feel your pain" stuff you guys always say. But because he was built like humpty dumpty, it is more acceptable that this guy fell 6 stories to his death?
You see this type of behavior all the time in public. Next time you see a big blob walk into a restaurant, look around at the other people's faces. You will see a bunch of looks of disgust. It's sad but true. Most of them have physical problems, and alot of them have mental problems, but it is not looked at the same as other health problems or illnesses. Just disgust.
I try hard myself not to judge them especially when I don't know them, but they do seem to be mutiplying at a rapid rate these days.
Right...or if he were a person who posted here people would be all...man...he sounds like such a great guy...I didn't know him, but I feel I do...it's tragic whether the guy was fat cuz he ate like a pig or had some glandular problem or whatever...it's sad...and if anyone saw it happen...it's sad for them too...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
dh girlie said:
I won't eat that anymore...one of my friends once found a pubic hayer in the gravy associated with the cfs.
Nasty. We should keep track of body parts in food stories, eventually I bet we could piece together a whole person.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
dan-o said:
Nasty. We should keep track of body parts in food stories, eventually I bet we could piece together a whole person.
Yeah I wasn't even here but one night at like 4 am in Vegas I was thinking how good that would be after partying and then opted for nothing after hearing that story.

I also saw on the news where they ransacked that ladies house who got the finger in her chili looking for evidence of fraud. When they interviewed her she was like Where the hell would I get a finger?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
SkaredShtles said:
Being fat is more than just a weakness, there, Blondie. It's a *controllable* situation. People *choose* to be fat.
-S.S.-
Not to further derail the thread, but are you fat? There's a little more to it than that. That's like looking at a really stupid person and saying "If you'd just applied yourself, you'd be smart right now." People can only play the cards dealt them to the best of their ability. Just because someone plays a hand badly doesn't mean they deserve death or cruel ridicule.

I do find it somewhat sad that people could care so little for a fellow human knowing no more about him than his dimensions. I laugh at anything and everything pretty easily, but if this was a real person and it really happened as described, it's a pretty sad thing. Now if he was a child molester or something, then I'd be all about him doing the lobby louganis.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Jeremy R said:
<snip>but it is not looked at the same as other health problems or illnesses. Just disgust.
That's because more and more people are *CHOOSING* to be fat. There are a small percentage of obese people with a propensity to being obese, but the majority of fat people simply *eat too fuggin' much* and don't do any exercise.

-S.S.-