Quantcast

Drank a Newcastle last night and...........

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
My boss's boss gave me a half day off today, gratis, for working my fingers to the bone last week.

You know what I'm doing when I get out of here at noon?

I'll give you a clue.. I'm posting in the Newcastle thread.. And I'll give you a number: twelve.

Any guesses?

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Ahhh in a few minutes I'll have a nice tall Newcastle while on lunch... UMMMM.. let the count down begine... 5 minutes and counting

(and why didn't i find this thread and forum earlier?) :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Acadian
got you beat by 12....:D
Sweet! :thumb:

I swear, going wireless was the best thing I ever did. I'm posting from my sofa with a huge frosty mug that holds 40oz filled with Newcastle.

Mmm mmm mmm...

BkrBrit

Chimp
Jan 13, 2004
3rd rock from the sun.....
Originally posted by dburatti

Side note: A friend of mine who worked in Great Britain told me that Newcastle is like our Budweiser. [/B]

"Newcastle is like our Budwieser" ? ? ? did you ever ask him what he meant by that ?

(He must've been drinking too much REAL beer.....):D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Had a couple Newcastles last night, then a friend called me to go for an urban ride.. Went for a great ride, got back, and relaxed with a couple more Newcastles!

Tru

Chimp
Dec 13, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
So here's my sad story of the week..... Saturday night I went out to the bar with a few of my friends. The only reason I even like this bar is because they have Newcastle on tap, otherwise I would never set foot in the place. But my friends like it, so whatever. I just don't get along with all the Abercrombie wearin' frat boys who are prettier than their ladies. So I walked up to the bar.... and to my dismay the bartender informs me that they removed Newcastle from their inventory. Needless to say I was devastated. I'll never go back there again.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Went to a local resturant a week or so ago, and asked the (apparently inexperienced, but very attractive) waitress what they had on tap. She listed off a bunch, including Newcastle. Sweet.

Ordered one, wincing at the price, but what's better than on-tap Newcastle, right?

She comes to my table with an empty glass and proceeds to pour a bottle into it.

Uhh.. What is unclear about "on tap"?

I questioned her, and nicely expressed my dismay at the exorbitant price charged for something I can walk across the street and buy. She apologized profusely and disappeared for a few minutes. When she re-appeared, she was carrying another Newcastle, then she winked, and proceeded to remove the first one from my tab.

Three cheers for hot waitresses, good service and free beer.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by binary visions
Went to a local resturant a week or so ago, and asked the (apparently inexperienced, but very attractive) waitress what they had on tap. She listed off a bunch, including Newcastle. Sweet.

Ordered one, wincing at the price, but what's better than on-tap Newcastle, right?

She comes to my table with an empty glass and proceeds to pour a bottle into it.

Uhh.. What is unclear about "on tap"?

I questioned her, and nicely expressed my dismay at the exorbitant price charged for something I can walk across the street and buy. She apologized profusely and disappeared for a few minutes. When she re-appeared, she was carrying another Newcastle, then she winked, and proceeded to remove the first one from my tab.

Three cheers for hot waitresses, good service and free beer.
I love happy endings:D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It was "Beat the Clock" at a local bar last night - that is, pints start at $0.75 at 5:00 and go up by $0.25 per hour throughout the night.

Needless to say, everyone is pretty trashed by 9:00 or so.

8 - 9 pints of Newcastle & darts = dangerous fun...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Haven't you seen:

"IF IT TASTES HEAVY, YOUR TONGUE NEEDS EXERCISE"

or

"NOT HEAVY, EVEN IF YOU USE THE METRIC SYSTEM"

Is it bad that I know ALL of the Newcastle bottlecap sayings off the top of my head?

I'm not an addict, I swear :(

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Acadian
you also missed
"IF YOU WANTBITTER, DON'T TIP THE BARTENDER."

which I just got!! ;)
I didn't miss it, but if you think that's the last one, then you're missing one...

There are 6 total :D

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Anyone ever had a Newcastle go skunk? I kept mine in the fridge and the last 2 I drank tasted a little "funny". I did not have them very long....

None this weekend, however. Was staying at a friend's house in Jersey and, for some reason, he basically ONLY drinks Bud Light. I don't get it.

Originally posted by JRogers
Anyone ever had a Newcastle go skunk? I kept mine in the fridge and the last 2 I drank tasted a little "funny". I did not have them very long....
Very common. This happens because the cheap bastards want that "Corona" look and use clear glass bottles. The clear glass provides no protection from light damage, which manifests as the beer being skunky. Some Newcastle drinkers think it's supposed tp be like that!

Take Newcastle on tap or not at all.