Quantcast

Drank a Newcastle last night and...........

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Nobody said:
Not much happens on these boards that's of any interest to me - it's way 'dumbed down' and hell, i ride (very rarely) a Raven with a Lefty - how bizarre is that? And with morons like burly and n8 and others dominating the boards with their neoconservative dogma, i wouldn't even try to enter the poli forums.

Now, on the off chance you're ever in 93101/117 area, Brophy's is on the list (although, frankly, I don't think they're keeping up the quality that they used to have)

I don't check pm's or any of the old email addresses - my xw's bf keeps patrolling the web looking to annoy me.
I'm hoping to hit SB after the first of the year, so we'll definatly hook up!!!!! If you'd like, PM me your email addy so I can keep in contact with you. That kinda sucks about Brophy's, however I do like the atmosphere and the bar so I'll still need to go there:p

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i had my first newkie in a while, a couple nights ago. was surprised that the podunk bar in sanford NC had it. was even more surprised that the bar up the street had harpoon IPA on draft.

but last night was wine...cakebread chardonnay w/ my lobster ravioli, and some phelps cab later on.... :drool: it's fun when the company picks up the tab.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Stopped at Total Beverage the other night and picked up some Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout, organic ale, and winter welcome, Lindemann's framboise lambic, St. Peter's English Ale, and Celebrator dopplebock. It's going to be a good weekend. :drool:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I was just poking around the previous posts in this thread and it's got my absolutely craving a Newcastle.. Gonna pick some up on my way home tonight!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Brian HCM#1 said:
Had a Newcastle with a Pozer yesterday:thumb:
Sweet, picked up a six pack last night myself, but was kept busy all night. Thus, it will be consumed tonight in front of Monday Night Football, along with the best burritos on the planet from a little local resturant.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
binary visions said:
Sweet, picked up a six pack last night myself, but was kept busy all night. Thus, it will be consumed tonight in front of Monday Night Football, along with the best burritos on the planet from a little local resturant.
Where do you live?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Brian HCM#1 said:
I would never think they'd have good Mexican food there. There are so many good Mexican resturants here in CA:thumb:
I was suprised myself. It's just this little local place but the salsa is chunky and spicey and by the time they get done making the burrito, I swear it must weigh three pounds. Carrying a bag of 'em is like carrying lead weights.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
binary visions said:
I was suprised myself. It's just this little local place but the salsa is chunky and spicey and by the time they get done making the burrito, I swear it must weigh three pounds. Carrying a bag of 'em is like carrying lead weights.
Those are great, the sign of a good super buritto, is you feel like taking a nap after you finished it:thumb:

Nov 5, 2004
hartlepool, uk
im going to be retarded but what is a newcastle?
...i presume we're not talking about newcastle brown ale, because if so, im from a few mile away from where its brewed!!! :D:D

but i guess not!:(

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I just had some NewCastles the other night for the first time in what has to be close to a year! They were yummy! A nice smooth treat from the VERY hoppy IPA's and Pale Ales I love. :heart:

This weekend I'm on the hunt for some Red Stripe as the wife and I just booked an April vacation to Jamaica!! :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Brian HCM#1 said:
Newcastle even tastes good with Chinese food:thumb:
Mmm... This local Chinese place makes a very spicy ginger chicken and I always buy a 6 pack of Newcastle to go with it.