Quantcast

Drank a Newcastle last night and...........

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
dogwonder said:
No. Big difference is IPA's have a lot more hops (bittering, flavor, and aroma). The best way to tell the difference is pour both into a pint glass and just take a big wiff.
I think, upon further research, that anything with the 'India' word on the label will be avoided, just as a general rule.

Thanks, all.

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
dogwonder said:
I agree with SkaredShtles, you are all over the board and need to get back on track. Coors Light and best should never be in the same sentence together.
I spent a REALLY long time in college.
A good portion of that was spent with a beer bong. Of the things I learned:

Don't try to beer bong good beer.

Coors, however, is basically lightly colored/flavored water which happens to be perfect for the beer bong.

I think we can all agree, you don't hit the beer bong becuase you feel like drinking some brew...

I'll still stand by my list of good beers, and you'll never take them from me! Mine I tell you, mine!

Oh yeah, IPAs still suck, so much that I won't even brew them hoppy bastards.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
Not sure if anyone has tried it but anyone had the new Heineken Premium Lite yet? I bought a case and it went down so smooth and fast I polished off the case in like three days pounding them like soda. And they got the hit of a regular Heineken.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
NapalmCheese said:
Oh yeah, IPAs still suck, so much that I won't even brew them hoppy bastards.
:nonono:

So I guess you would not try the Dogfish Head 90 minute through the Randall? It's a super-overdose of Hops!

Edit: But please tell me you don't drink wine with steak...please tell me there's still hope.

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
dogwonder said:
:nonono:

So I guess you would not try the Dogfish Head 90 minute through the Randall? It's a super-overdose of Hops!

Edit: But please tell me you don't drink wine with steak...please tell me there's still hope.
Hell, I'll try any beer if someone wants to get me a pint!

Ahhh, wine with steak...
That's not me so much, I prefer the beer. Wine can be nice while I'm writing code.

I'm kinda weird about my malt/hop ratio. Well, I suppose it's slightly less about the ratio and more about where the hops hit me. I'm no expert by any means, and when I brewed I just screwed around with stuff until I figured out what I liked, but it pretty much comes down to me liking beer that starts rather malty, finishes a bit hoppy, and doesn't feel thick or linger for too long. I've noticed that the darker ales tend to hold to that profile pretty well.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
NapalmCheese said:
Hell, I'll try any beer if someone wants to get me a pint!

Ahhh, wine with steak...
That's not me so much, I prefer the beer. Wine can be nice while I'm writing code.

I'm kinda weird about my malt/hop ratio. Well, I suppose it's slightly less about the ratio and more about where the hops hit me. I'm no expert by any means, and when I brewed I just screwed around with stuff until I figured out what I liked, but it pretty much comes down to me liking beer that starts rather malty, finishes a bit hoppy, and doesn't feel thick or linger for too long. I've noticed that the darker ales tend to hold to that profile pretty well.
I take it you enjoy the Oktoberfest beers then?

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
dogwonder said:
I take it you enjoy the Oktoberfest beers then?
Mmmmm Oktoberfest beer. Typically I do like them, but I don't usually get them for some reason or another... I think I might be in a beer rut, time to hit the BevMo.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
NapalmCheese said:
Mmmmm Oktoberfest beer. Typically I do like them, but I don't usually get them for some reason or another... I think I might be in a beer rut, time to hit the BevMo.
What I would give to get to a BevMo and get some AleSmith or Russian River...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I have been enjoying Newcastles for the past week solid. They are on sale at the gas station I often go to, so I've been picking up 12ers for 12.99 to go with my 87 octane. So yummy when ice cold and I'm all sweaty from mowing the lawn.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Breckenridge Mixer 12 pack last night after a bottle of Spanish white. Twas a good night, made better by my basil-lemon mushroom pasta topped with basil-lemon chicken and roasted pinenuts and a greek salad.

First taste of Colorado beer.....very tasty.

The Ito

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
You mofos need to start refering to Newcastle Brown Ale by it's real name: Newqy. (new-key), or Newqy brown if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I think you'll find it'll aid your enjoyment of the brew. I note VB tried to educate y'all earlier, but was ignored.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You mofos need to start refering to Newcastle Brown Ale by it's real name: Newqy. (new-key), or Newqy brown if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I think you'll find it'll aid your enjoyment of the brew. I note VB tried to educate y'all earlier, but was ignored.
I find "Horse Piss" is a more appropriate name. Not quite as cute as yours...... but more descriptive. :D

mcadam

Chimp
Aug 4, 2006
In my fridge right now, I'm sorry to say, is a 12 of (minus 3 and counting) Busch Natural Ice. Aagh what are ya gonna do as finances are light this week.