Quantcast

DRB goes on Vacation

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I'm in Colorado. Rode White Ranch on Saturday. Was supposed to be a "warm" up to altitude.... more like a welcome to Colorado race. Waterton Canyon / Indian Creek on Sunday. SkaredShtles came out and rode with us. It was a death march and he wasn't feeling all that great but hopefully he had a good ride with us. Though my camelbak had to be part of the reason for his sickness. (STINKY) It was great meeting him. Then Buffalo Creek today. It was an awesome ride but did get caught in a thunderstorm but not to wet. Conditions were great even after the rain. It was nice riding in something less that 95. Had a cook out and drank a lot of beer and ate a lot of food.

Its off for rides in Fruita/GJ on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Then on to Monarch Crest for Friday.

White Ranch

SkaredShtles suggested Golden City Brewery for a post ride beverage.... SS hit a freakin' homerun. Its a brewpub in someone's backyard. Great beer and great location.

He has lengthened his shorts a "bit".

Dam at Waterton Canyon

Log sitting on a rock in the river.

Some mountain thingy at Buffalo creek

Burn area at Buffalo Creek

The storm that got us just 30 minutes later.

Labordoodle on Labor day

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Yesterday was 18 Road in Fruita. Rode what seemed like everything out there but Zippity Do Da almost made me pee a little bit. There is one corner that you come around and there is nothing but a 6" trail and what looks like a 100ft slide on a cheese grater to a rocky pile. Total and complete pucker factor. Kassel Run was an absolute blast, we ended up doing it twice it was so good.

Today was Loma. Mary's Loop, Horsethief, Lion Loop and Mack's Ridge. Scenery was awesome. Horsethief's Bench..... yeah right. Made one unintentional detour for an hour in and out. It was ripping fast, techinical and hard. Excellent day.

The new 575 works like the old 575. The new Talas is definately more convenient with the new travel adjuster. I'm using it a lot more.

Okay more pictures..... not many from 18 Road but a couple

The beginning of Zippity (I think)

Big vistas at Loma

Someone tried Horsethief Bench.... someone failed....

The Colorado River.

One of the many awesome downhill sections today

Tomorrow its the Ribbon Trail.... or whatever. Then its off to Salida tomorrow afternoon for Monarch Crest on Friday.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> Kassel Run was an absolute blast, we ended up doing it twice it was so good.
It's Kessel you tit!

Today was Loma. Mary's Loop, Horsethief, Lion Loop and Mack's Ridge. Scenery was awesome. Horsethief's Bench..... yeah right. Made one unintentional detour for an hour in and out. It was ripping fast, techinical and hard. Excellent day.
What?!? No Moore Fun? Back to Loma for you!! :disgust1:

Tomorrow its the Ribbon Trail.... or whatever. Then its off to Salida tomorrow afternoon for Monarch Crest on Friday.
If you don't ride Holy Cross you will be removed as King of Friday. :busted:

Oh - and I'm glad you didn't get caught in that Flash Flood Warning for the valley. :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it has cooled off since you left nc.

looks like you are enjoying colorado.