Quantcast

dreads

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
urbanhuckbot said:
dreadlocks are the new mullet
Yeah, seriously. Don't grow dreads. They're so... dirty looking. I dunno. I know some cool people with dreads, but there's just something about the fact that only grease and oil and god-knows-what-else is causing your hair to look like that. I'm not a fan.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Sven tha Viking said:
who's got them? how long have you had them, and why'd you do it? i just started mine. pros/cons?

only hippies have dreadlocks. just ask brian HCM about hippies

Mar 10, 2004
"once i sit on an air plane, and the plane got grounded for mechanical issues. The capitain assured us that it would be taken care off. When the mechanic came on the plane, all of us wanted to jump out of the air plane: it was a dirty looking white guy with dreadlocks. Now one has to have made many, many bad choices to get here, and we weren't gonna take the chance."

--courtesy of some comic

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
dexterq20 said:
...but there's just something about the fact that only grease and oil and god-knows-what-else is causing your hair to look like that. I'm not a fan.
The dexter has a point..imagine a dirty hippie girl with dreads...smells funny, doesn't shave legs, arm pits, nether regions, wears birkenstocks and eats tofu. I mean, do you want to be classified as a tofu eater? i didn't think so. In conclusion, you shouldn't grow them.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
umm...dreads aren't always dirty. actually keeping them clean makes them "work" better. Dreads are usually pretty hot on girls of any color, i mean my girl has dreads and she's hot.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I had shoulder length dreads for most of my college years. They were always clean, so lets just erase the misconception that they're dirty and can't be washed. The key is to make sure they stay manicured. Make sure you take the time to roll them or go to a hairdresser that knows how to put them in and take care of them. Otherwise they will start to fuse together and end up with one BIG dread. Yuck! I miss mine...

McGRP01 said:
I had shoulder length dreads for most of my college years. They were always clean, so lets just erase the misconception that they're dirty and can't be washed. The key is to make sure they stay manicured. Make sure you take the time to roll them or go to a hairdresser that knows how to put them in and take care of them. Otherwise they will start to fuse together and end up with one BIG dread. Yuck! I miss mine...
i'm trying to keep them apart, but that doesnt seem to be the promblem right now. they all stick out from my head, it looks a big pin cushion right now.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dreads are for rastas. if you are not rasta you should not have dreads. or maybe a caveman. one of my best friends has dreads and he cant put a helmet on either.another con may be the fact that with them you are going to get harrassed by the cops. my dreaded friend friend does no drugs at all but he is always getting bothered.