Quantcast

Dream job

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Besides can you call driving one of these work?
OK...so I am new to this white stuff & have recently started seeing these. What is it & what does it do? Groom trails/slopes? How does it work?

And as long as don't let your job define who you are it really doesn't matter.

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
Just because you got screwed into something you didn't enjoy doesn't mean the rest of the world will.

I enjoy what I do, I'd do it if i didn't get paid. I get up every morning, in some obscure part of the world, and I look forward to what I have to do.
Oh no, I definitely enjoy it, I don't really want to do anything else. Pretty much my entire professional career has been spent in the outdoor/bike industry. But I know better than to call it dream. I got so wrapped up in the "job culture" that I though some sorrta bearing, or meaning would come out having my "dream" job. Well it didn't, and in the process I lost sight of the things that really matter. It's nice to do what I want, but if you get so absorbed in it you'll lose sight of what's going on around you and that's not worth it. That's really all I'm trying to say here.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Oh no, I definitely enjoy it, I don't really want to do anything else. Pretty much my entire professional career has been spent in the outdoor/bike industry. But I know better than to call it dream. I got so wrapped up in the "job culture" that I though some sorrta bearing, or meaning would come out having my "dream" job. Well it didn't, and in the process I lost sight of the things that really matter. It's nice to do what I want, but if you get so absorbed in it you'll lose sight of what's going on around you and that's not worth it.
I think the idea here is "Job you'd most like to have" not necessarily the "dream" aspect. I mean WTF does "dream" job mean anyway? Not really anything worth arguing over. It's a figure of speech.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
OK...so I am new to this white stuff & have recently started seeing these. What is it & what does it do? Groom trails/slopes? How does it work?
It is for grooming ski hills and xc ski trails. They pack the snow down and smooth it out. The front has a blade for knocking down piles of snow or moving large amounts of snow. The back has a tiller that spins and chews up the top couple inches of snow before the combs pack the snow. Leaving behind a nice corduroy trail to ski on.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
much like ito, i get paid to camp, hike and "observe" the great outdoors; pretty much anywhere in the world as well. currently i'm going for my masters, so i won't be getting paid quite as much as i could be. i still get to go to pretty amazing places though--example: northern philippines and tasmania for the next two to three months.

a "dream job" to me is not just something you enjoy/love doing, but something that lets you live your ideal lifestyle. in my case, when i finish work for the day, i'm still in an exotic location that i can explore on my own time.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
It is for grooming ski hills and xc ski trails. They pack the snow down and smooth it out. The front has a blade for knocking down piles of snow or moving large amounts of snow. The back has a tiller that spins and chews up the top couple inches of snow before the combs pack the snow. Leaving behind a nice corduroy trail to ski on.
Sweet.
I was thinking something along those lines.