Quantcast

Dream Vacation??

shamrock

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
What would your's be?

I'd have to say mine would be biking/pubhopping the Irish countryside... That would be friggin' awesome!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I'm having mine in October:
A company is flying me and the missus to Mustique island for 2 weeks staying in a US$1500 per night villa. For free.

The only drawcard is I have to teach the company chefs how to cook for the last week of the trip.

Never been to the Caribbean...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
What would your's be?

I'd have to say mine would be biking/pubhopping the Irish countryside... That would be friggin' awesome!
That'd rock.

I hope to do a vacation someday that was very bike oriented.

Our last adventure was our honeymoon last year -- 16 days in Italy with says in 1000 year old vilaages and castles, but no bikes.

I read about a bike tour in Canada that was strictly bikes and ferries through the islands... perfect for families.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Trekking in Nepal & Tibet including the Everest Base Camp.
That's a lofty and realistic goal. Base camp is, what, 19,000 feet above sealevel? It's about as high as Kilimanjaro? It's nearly a mile higher than I've ever been and something I'd like to do as well.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
That's a lofty and realistic goal. Base camp is, what, 19,000 feet above sealevel? It's about as high as Kilimanjaro? It's nearly a mile higher than I've ever been and something I'd like to do as well.
I hope to do it some day. I've been above 14k a handful of times.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm not particularly picky on the location, but I'd love to take a mountain bike vacation someday. There are lots of good places to go, so it'd just be a matter of picking a nice one. MBC always said she wanted to take a ski vacation first, and we've now done that twice. The thing is, I have access to plenty of good singletrack in New England so I don't really feel a need to go anywhere for that, but I've got to travel for the real good skiing. In any case, a good vacation to me is one in which I come home physically exhausted (Tahoe's done that twice now). I'm not much into sitting around on a beach. I can only take that in small doses.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It will be tough to beat our Chamonix & Switzerland mountain bike trip we took a couple years ago. I can't imagine having more fun, but I'll keep trying.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm not particularly picky on the location, but I'd love to take a mountain bike vacation someday. There are lots of good places to go, so it'd just be a matter of picking a nice one. MBC always said she wanted to take a ski vacation first, and we've now done that twice. The thing is, I have access to plenty of good singletrack in New England so I don't really feel a need to go anywhere for that, but I've got to travel for the real good skiing. In any case, a good vacation to me is one in which I come home physically exhausted (Tahoe's done that twice now). I'm not much into sitting around on a beach. I can only take that in small doses.
Come to CO....

Cooooooooooooooome to CO...

:D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
There's a trail about 140 miles long that goes from Fruita to Moab. There are a few agencies that to supported 3-6 day trips.
The quality of the "trail" isn't that great on most of the Kokopelli. If you're heading out for a Moab/Fruita vacation, I'd skip the Koko trail... except for the first part, which is the Mary's Loop area. Which is really good.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
That's just too limiting a question. I have several--

Back to New Zealand to see my aunt and grandma (stepdad's a kiwi),
To the top of Everest (as close I can get to Alaina while living and on Earth?),
Work a crab season as a full-share deckhand (damn you, Deadliest Catch!),
Bike from home (Carson City, NV) to my parents' place in Rocky Point, MX (takes about 16-17 hours to drive),
Get an RV and cruise the country,
OK, Whistler for a weekend,
And finally, take advantage of Volvo's European Plan and take the wife to Sweden to pick up her new Volvo (not this year, but maybe in 3?).

Why is the world so big and full of such unique options?????

shamrock

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
There's a trail about 140 miles long that goes from Fruita to Moab. There are a few agencies that to supported 3-6 day trips.
I'd like yo check that out sometime. Moab is on my "places to go before I die list". The Ireland pub ride is is ultimately #1, though

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'd like yo check that out sometime. Moab is on my "places to go before I die list". The Ireland pub ride is is ultimately #1, though
Moab is more do-able than Ireland... get in car, drive three days :)

Of course, Moab is only six hours for us Denverites :P

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
a month heli-boarding in alaska with the best conditions ever seen out there. (it is a dream vacation)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
3-4 weeks driving cross country (and back) with a special someone. A little biking, a little site seeing, hiking, beaching, eating, drinking, fishing, and a whole lot of time away from TVs, cell phones, computers, etc.

ken4ord

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Seattle
I second Whistler...and just BC in general
Been there done that, though I would like to return. My next trip is to head to Nepal and try to do some big descents on my new ride. It is toss up between the Annapurna circuit or Jonsom to Mustang to do some high altitude freeriding.

Anyone in?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
New Zealand, 7 Peaks (ex-Everest), permanent vacation to Latin America.