Quantcast

Dreaming about manuals

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I haven't ridden urban or even been on my Evil in weeks, but last night I had a dream I was manualing everywhere. Maybe it is time for some urban. :sneaky:

oh, and bike dreams rock the world.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I dream about carving corners. Two wheel drifts with roost bouncing off trees. Sigh, I want to go to sleep, or go ride my bike.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Bizarre. I've got a buddy who told me the same thing a few months ago, and he started getting alot better after that. Although, that's about all he practiced. Kinda annoying to ride with him...

My dreams usually involved angry family members. *Sigh*

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That sure didn't work for me. One night I had this kickass dream where I was manualing all over the place. Around corners, I was the damn manual KING. It felt so real that when I woke up I went straight out and tried manualing. Still couldn't do it :(

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I dream about Fox Fork manuals.....:drool:

And ya, I get those endless manual dreams too. Lately, though, all my biking dreams have been centered around a certain female riding partner... :love:

The Ito

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
It sure was easy in the dream, but no, it didn't work when I tried it awake.

I'm with you on the manualing around corners and what not. It was cake.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
a while back my wife caught me sleepwalking and apparently I was riding my bike around the back yard in my robe pretty funny when she told me in the morning.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
I had a bike dream awhile back. It was really weird (dreams ussually are). I was in a DH race, but it was kinda like a slopestyle/DH mix. Anyway I was flowing through all the sections and doing 360's off everything. It was awesome, I was like the bike god. Then I woke up and had wood! :devil: I guees I really do love my bike.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
ncrider said:
I had a bike dream awhile back. It was really weird (dreams ussually are). I was in a DH race, but it was kinda like a slopestyle/DH mix. Anyway I was flowing through all the sections and doing 360's off everything. It was awesome, I was like the bike god. Then I woke up and had wood! :devil: I guees I really do love my bike.
Funny and disturbing. Two of my favorite thangs!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
i dream about manuals from time to time.

unfortunately, it never crosses into the reality zone.
:stupid:

actually i had manuals down for a day: that day i spent about an hour and a half just circling a parking lot on my _brakeless_ imp, manualling/trying to manual down one side, making the turn, repeat and rinse. of course that didn't last. :think:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I have the manual dream a lot too. I am also a trials god in my sleep. You should see how high I can bunny hop. Apparently I do that reflex thing where your whole body jerks because you dream you are falling or making some correction. It really pisses off my wife because I usually end up slapping or kicking her by accident.

Isn't there some actual psychological / physiological connection between this type of dream and actual learning? I mean I think I read somewhere that your brain is trying to process, learn and integrate the external stimulii into a reflex action somehow or another.

Clear it doesn't work because I can't bunnyhop on to picnic tables or manual for 88 blocks during my waking hours.

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
TN said:
I haven't ridden urban or even been on my Evil in weeks, but last night I had a dream I was manualing everywhere. Maybe it is time for some urban. :sneaky:

oh, and bike dreams rock the world.
TN! hows the evil treatin' you man?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I had a dream like this awhile back. A week after it, I was the KING of manuals. Yes, even turning manuals.

*I practiced it 2-3 hours a day for that week, though.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
jdschall said:
I have the manual dream a lot too. I am also a trials god in my sleep. You should see how high I can bunny hop. Apparently I do that reflex thing where your whole body jerks because you dream you are falling or making some correction. It really pisses off my wife because I usually end up slapping or kicking her by accident.
I do the jerking thing all the time, I ususally wake myself and my girlfriend up. I don't know why, I usually can't remember my dreams either....

And BTW, whenever I see you avatar a voice in my head says "Hey Daaaavy".

Denny

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
Seattle, WA
I just started doing wheelies on my roadbike... toe overlap is an issue, though :)

My faves are the curb cuts, wheelie along up to them, down/up, keep wheelie'in, fun fun fun.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I have dreamed of doing huge crazy manuals loads of times, too, and also I sometimes dream about doing absolutley huge doubles, often downhill on grass for some reason. I dream of all kinds of stuff.