Quantcast

Dress Up Jesus

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
McGRP01 said:
No one fvcks with the Jesus...

BWahahahahahahaahahahaha. I was going to post a picture of him licking the bowling ball, but that is fvcking tits.

See ya at the october 8/9 race. Hopefully i wont fall again. :rolleyes:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Sherpa said:
Your a whiner, and most likely not even a true Christian.
I find it pretty disrespectful too. Mack's avatar is pretty bad as well, especially with the santa hat. Not that I have anything against Mack as a person. I'm usually pretty hard to offend too, it's just that this is the guy that I worship on a sincere and heartfelt level, and to make fun of His sacrifice takes it to another level.

And Sherpa, what right do you have saying that aggrorider is most likely not a true Christian? That's just pompous, even if you are joking.

defensive rant over... fists loosening... deep breath...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
kinghami3 said:
I find it pretty disrespectful too. Mack's avatar is pretty bad as well, especially with the santa hat. Not that I have anything against Mack as a person. I'm usually pretty hard to offend too, it's just that this is the guy that I worship on a sincere and heartfelt level, and to make fun of His sacrifice takes it to another level.

And Sherpa, what right do you have saying that aggrorider is most likely not a true Christian? That's just pompous, even if you are joking.

Dude, nobody is making you click on the link, OR look at his avatar. Just a point of order, but if it were deemed "too offensive" RM would delete the thread.

And someone wise once told me "if you can't laugh at yourself, other people will do it for you, and it will hurt a lot more". Take a joke and relax.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
kinghami3 said:

Well he probably thinks anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus goes to hell, hates gays, is materialisitc, might be a Creationalist, and has never read the Bible in its complete form, let alone in the true language it was written in without 100's of political changes.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Sherpa said:
Well he probably thinks anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus goes to hell, hates gays, is materialisitc, might be a Creationalist, and has never read the Bible in its complete form, let alone in the true language it was written in without 100's of political changes.
(Defensive rant starting up again....)

None of those are requirements for being a Christian.

The problem is that I wouldn't be laughing at myself, I'm laughing at something I believe to be much more serious. No, I don't have to look at mack's avatar or click on the link, but that doesn't make it inoffensive. For me it's equivalent to laughing at one of the tortured Iraqi prisoners.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
kinghami3 said:

The problem is that I wouldn't be laughing at myself, I'm laughing at something I believe to be much more serious. No, I don't have to look at mack's avatar or click on the link, but that doesn't make it inoffensive. For me it's equivalent to laughing at one of the tortured Iraqi prisoners.
Then what, in your eyes, makes one a Christian?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
kinghami3 said:

PC arguments piss me off.

If you can't handle a touch of humor here and there, and worry about more important things in life, then there is something wrong in priorities.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
robdamanii said:

If you can't handle a touch of humor here and there, and worry about more important things in life, then there is something wrong in priorities.
:thumb:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
robdamanii said:

Hey, if it offends you, don't read it. :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: this is going to get preachy.
Faith in Jesus Christ as your one true savior and perfect sacrifice is what you need in order to be a Christian. I may have been a little nit-picky about your wording, but you don't need to believe that people that don't believe in Jesus will go to Hell. The problem is that so many people believe that you do need to hate gays, believe in Creationism, kill abortionists, etc. That's completely 100% against Jesus' teachings.
robdamanii is right though, we need to finish this argument/discussion cause I already effectively killed the vibe about 3 posts ago. :nope: :(

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
kinghami3 said:
Hey, if it offends you, don't read it. :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: this is going to get preachy.
Faith in Jesus Christ as your one true savior and perfect sacrifice is what you need in order to be a Christian. I may have been a little nit-picky about your wording, but you don't need to believe that people that don't believe in Jesus will go to Hell. The problem is that so many people believe that you do need to hate gays, believe in Creationism, kill abortionists, etc. That's completely 100% against Jesus' teachings.
robdamanii is right though, we need to finish this argument/discussion cause I already effectively killed the vibe about 3 posts ago. :nope: :(
Wow, i commend you on that. I'll eat my words and say that is a very well thought out post and I totally agree. Way to be a good, true Christian, something you don't find to often these days.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Sherpa said:
Wow, i commend you on that. I'll eat my words and say that is a very well thought out post and I totally agree. Way to be a good, true Christian, something you don't find to often these days.
Thanks, that means a lot (not to get mushy or anything). I still have a lot missing from my faith, I practice very few spiritual disciplines, something that I'm trying to improve upon. I have a great interest in teaching Theology and plan on working my way through a PhD.
I find that there are a lot of strong Christians in these forums.

J

JRB

What's stupid is that something like sexwale gets deleted, but this crap lives all day. :dead:

J

JRB

kinghami3 said:
You really don't have to read it. Sexwhale does indeed sound more interesting though.
You're right, but it seems conflicting to me. :think:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
loco said:
You're right, but it seems conflicting to me. :think:
This thread degraded pretty quickly anyhow. I guess you can't really know not to read it unless you read it, and by that point it's already read so it's pretty pointless. I usually get stuck on stupid tangents anyhow.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
kinghami3 said:
Faith in Jesus Christ as your one true savior and perfect sacrifice is what you need in order to be a Christian.
Erm, isn't it actually forgiveness, compasion and charity? Believing in fairy stories doesn't make you a better person, and frankly, your assertion that this is the core of christianity is pretty ghey, and represents (to me) what is wrong with so many 'christians' these days. Wanna be a true christian? Go help someone less well off than you.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Geeeez I had no idea that this thread was going to start such a fire. I would like to apologize to anyone that I offended by posting that website. Personally I found it funny BECAUSE I couldn't believe that anyone would be crazy enough to create a website like that.

So it that post offended you... Sorry

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Sherpa said:
*[edit]*

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
kinghami3 said:
The problem is that so many people believe that you do need to hate gays, believe in Creationism, kill abortionists, etc. That's completely 100% against Jesus' teachings. robdamanii is right though, we need to finish this argument/discussion cause I already effectively killed the vibe about 3 posts ago. :nope: :(
Well said brotha............well said............... :thumb:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Changleen said:
Erm, isn't it actually forgiveness, compasion and charity? Believing in fairy stories doesn't make you a better person, and frankly, your assertion that this is the core of christianity is pretty ghey, and represents (to me) what is wrong with so many 'christians' these days. Wanna be a true christian? Go help someone less well off than you.
Forgiveness, compassion, and charity are all central themes, and if you have given your life up to Christ, those will come out of your faith. Christianity is about love and sacrifice, but for many it has turned into a status label so they can go form little groups and feel good about themselves. Instead we are called out into the world and to love EVERYONE, regardless of what they think or what they have done. The Axis of Evil does not exist. No one is more 'evil' than anyone else, we have all fallen.

MancilG, I guess I misunderstood why you were posting that. sorry about the whole tangent thing too.

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
WOW! I was searching through my posts to find one particular one and I found this thread. Sorry to stir such a comotion, but for the record I wasn't offended or out to make people mad. But, I don't think that gives some people here the right to jump so far down my throat that you are still in my stomach.
-sorry

P.S. - thanks kinghami3 for all the positive input.

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
^why do you have to be like that?

I saw that I obviously caused some comotion and just wanted to set things right. Is that so wrong?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
aggrorider said:
WOW! I was searching through my posts to find one particular one and I found this thread. Sorry to stir such a comotion, but for the record I wasn't offended or out to make people mad. But, I don't think that gives some people here the right to jump so far down my throat that you are still in my stomach.
-sorry

P.S. - thanks kinghami3 for all the positive input.
Holy resurrection Batman! I don't think anyone was that seriously offended by this; I wouldn't worry about it. Sorry if it seemed like I or anyone else jumped down your throat. [rob, thanks for your input, as it is always welcome. :dead:]