Quantcast

Drilled DX32?

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Hey, i'm getting a DeSalvo trials frame pretty soon hopefully, and i am also building up a new wheelset. I was just wondering if anyone has ever drilled 1" holes in their DX 32s. I am only 140lbs, and i was wondering if it was posible, and how well they would hold up. right now i have a dx 32 drilled for my rear rim, but the holes are only half inch, maybe a little biger, and it seems to be holding up very well, it has seen many drops getting as big as 4 feet to flat, so it seems like 1" holes would work for up front. if anyone has any info about it, or any ideas, let me know. thanks!
-Jerry

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
Originally posted by iridebikes
Hey, i'm getting a DeSalvo trials frame pretty soon hopefully,
Are you getting that frame from Joel? Pretty cool frame if so...

Sorry, I don't have any info about drilling the rims though...

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
no, i'm getting a new one from Mike. I'm getting a good deal becuase i did the job shadow thing. plus he had an almost finished frame that he was building for Jeremy V. so i'm getting a pretty good deal on that. it will be pretty similar to joels though.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
300 grams? you would be lucky to juice out 200 grams.

it is worht it though, if you are doing 1" be mighty careful. i did 7/8', leaves much more room for error and lasts a fiar chunk longer in my experience.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
awesome, thanks. it turns out that i'm going to get the new trials model that mike has come out with, he says it is very "koxx-like". 1085 wheelbase, 15" chainstays, 85mm bb, 2.5" tire clearance. I am hoping to get it within a month, Mike has alot of other things he has to get done before he can get to mine, its understandable, I know he's buisy. I cant' wait!