Quantcast

Drilling HOLES in your seatpost does NOT make it LIGHTER!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm looking to shave weight off my bike, So I think, I'll drill some holes. Spent three hours trying to safely put holes in my seatpost and after all that effort...

I LOST TWO GRAMS! I'd have been better off shaving my sideburns.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
LordOpie said:
I'm looking to shave weight off my bike, So I think, I'll drill some holes. Spent three hours trying to safely put holes in my seatpost and after all that effort...

I LOST TWO GRAMS! I'd have been better off shaving my sideburns.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
So I just did a SHORT test ride... damn thing snapped, I tore my shorts on the rear wheel as I slid back and cracked my helmet on the pavement.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
johnbryanpeters said:
:( Funny, the same thing happened to me when I removed every other spoke to save weight. I even drilled holes in the remaining spokes and saved thirty two milligrams.
maybe i'm missing something, but how in the hell do you drill holes in a spoke? and yes, drilling holes in parts that support weight is not good. drill holes in your brake levers, or your tires :thumb:

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I knew it.

There is absolutely no positive benefit to being a weight weenie... suck it up and ride your damn bike. If you spent the time riding your bike and not drilling freaking holes in your sh!t, you'd be able to pedal your 2 precious extra grams up a hill.

Bah... Weight weenies...

I think speed holes with aerodynamics in mind make you go faster though. Plus, they might make cool whistling noises... imagine that, put a bunch into your bars, you'd be like a freaking freight train.

:D

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
flatulant_man said:
maybe i'm missing something, but how in the hell do you drill holes in a spoke? and yes, drilling holes in parts that support weight is not good. drill holes in your brake levers, or your tires :thumb:
Yes, you are mising something.

Bravo Opie :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think DieselX and konabumm should author a thread together.

It could be titled, "Drilling HOLES in your penis does NOT make your PIT STAINS GO AWAY!"

:dead:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ciaran said:
This is not the thread you are looking for...
A furious light saber duel is underway. DARTH VADER is backing LUKE SKYWALKER towards the end of the gantry. A quick move by Vader, chops off Luke's hand! It goes spinning off into the ventilation shaft. Luke backs away. He looks around, but realizes there's nowhere to go but straight down.

Darth Vader: Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father.

Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

Darth Vader: No... I am your father!

Luke: No, it's not true! It's impossible.

Darth Vader: Search your feelings... you know it to be true...

Luke: NO!

Darth Vader: Yes, it is true... and you know what else? You know that brass droid of yours?

Luke: 3PO?

Darth Vader: Yes... 3PO... I built him... when I was 7 years old...

Luke: No...

Darth Vader: Seven years old? And what have you done? Look at yourself, no hand, no job, and couldn't even levitate your own ship out of the swamp...

Luke: I destroyed your precious Death Star!

Darth Vader: When you were 20! When I was 10, I single-handedly destroyed a Trade Federation Droid Control ship!

Luke: Well, it's not my fault...

Darth Vader: Oh, here we go... "Poor me... my father never gave me what I wanted for my birthday... boo hoo, my daddy's the Dark Lord of the Sith...waahhh wahhh!"

Luke: Shut up...

Darth Vader: You're a slacker! By the time I was your age, I had exterminated the Jedi knights!

Luke: I used to race my T-16 through Beggar's Canyon

Darth Vader: Oh, for the love of the Emperor... 10 years old, winner of the Boonta Eve Open... Only human to ever fly a Pod Racer... right here, baby!

{Luke looks down the shaft. Takes a step towards it.}

Darth Vader: I was wrong... You're not my kid... I don't know whose you are, but you sure ain't mine...

{Luke takes a step off the platform, hesitates, then plunges down the shaft.}

{Darth Vader looks after him.}

Darth Vader: Get a haircut!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Westy said:
I always get an enema and an exfoliating scrub before each ride to drop a few ounces.

yup, nothing like having a squeaky-clean sphincter to drop weight...

also you can floss the excess grams between your teeth, and shave your armpits for better aero, or switching to gas-permeable contacts and trim your toenails nice and short before you show your mad skills and stamina on yo bike......