Quantcast

Drink Budweiser, get hurt???

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
In my opinion, I don't think it's the beer but more like the intelligence level of the consumers considering...

When the Hopkins researchers surveyed ER patients who’d been drinking, they found that Budweiser was the number one brand consumed, followed Steel Reserve Malt Liquor, Colt 45 malt liquor, Bud Ice (another malt liquor), Bud Light, and a discount-priced vodka called Barton’s.

Last edited:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
From the article:

followed Steel Reserve Malt Liquor, Colt 45 malt liquor, Bud Ice (another malt liquor), Bud Light, and a discount-priced vodka called Barton’s.

Seems to me those are location specific beverages mostly drank in inner cities???
Also, I wasn't aware that you could get drink from Bud Light?

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
I gave the article a tiny degree of credence for being on NBC, till I read that this survey was conducted with a mere 105 patients at 1 hospital in Baltimore. Then it just felt kinda racist.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
[coolstorybro]

After my accident, when I was in ICU before being moved up to physical rehab floor, I was lying in bed and I heard bottles clinking together. Sounded just like when you pick up a case of beer. I looked over and I saw an orderly pushing a cart a lot like the ones flight attendants push during drink service, but maybe a tad larger without any sides, and it was FULL of Budweiser. I thought I was hallucinating (again). But next time a nurse came in I asked her if I'd really seen what I thought I'd seen and she said yes. She further explained that it was for when the drunks wind up in ICU. Instead of dealing with what ever wounds brought them to the ICU and having them go through DT's at the same time, which could kill them, they would just keep them boozed up with Budweiser. I asked if I could have one and she said "No. That's not what your in for.". [/coolstorybro]

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
^^^ I remember reading that some tight-ass small town noticed that the bums were all drinking mouthwash on Sunday. So they outlawed mouthwash sales on Sunday. Next Monday, they had a whole bunch of dead bums.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Being broke and jobless, I have started drinking PBR to both blend in and save a few $$$ while I get a good laugh at some of the local bars. I should do my own survey on what the jackass was drinking before doing something stupid based on location. It could get interesting based on happy hour specials, drink specials, and what jackass is in attendance at the time.